Diiki Cali kitti terminally ill ,now gone

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was discovered she had heart disease ,brain tumor,which lead to major grand mal seizures that were controlled for one month,but a final heart attack took her. This was in the genes, as I understood . It has been almost 2years that she passed,but I don’t think we will ever forget her. I made her comfortable the evening before she passed, I knew she was weak as she rested in her camper. I carried her to her sleeping room because I saw she was weak. Diiki laid on her right side and with eyes open, took her last calm breath. As this was so difficult for me to handle ,I re-homed my other two cats. Assul went to a woman in NY who was suffering from “empty nest “ where the household would be quiet and calm as Assul had become increasing nervous around younger cats & people: Choo Choo went to a nIce family where he could jump around with their children. After all was done, I felt better about sharing my healthy cats with people who I believed would show love &responsiblity to Pets. Anyone reading this might wonder why re home the healthy cats. As much as we might not like to admit it,we have favorites. My Cali was my first & only kitten,my fav. I had a empty hole in my heart which no other could fill. However, I will not close my account on this web site because I always have been an animal rescue person and surely expect to re-open my home and heart again to a needy pet. I just wish the tears would not rise in my eyes when I think that I can’t handle death of a pet. maybe had I known my 1 year old Diiki had this problem when I rescued her,I might have been prepared .anyways, thanks for this web site and it’s members who share the BRIDGE. On a positive note I will be on line reading all the great stories of people just like YOU.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
No matter how long ago they leave us it still hurts and always will, you did the best that you could for her and the others. And the fact that you are on here talking about it might mean that you are close to being ready to opening your heart to another one in need! :)

God Bless......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, no one or anything can fill that empty hole in your heart, it has to come from within. That hole was formed when your beloved Diiki left, taking a piece of your heart for comfort and to hold on to your love. She left a piece of her own behind for you to cherish, but it cannot fill that hole until it grows with the added loves that come into your life.....
The love that you shared with that precious girl and the grief that follows when she left is as personal and as unique as she was. No one could ever love her as you do, and you will never find another love like you shared. But you can open your heart to another and bring light into the darkness that resides there. You cannot make this happen and it won't until you are ready. Sometimes another kitten or cat forces you to love once again, sometimes it happens so gradually, and quietly, you are not even aware of that love until one day it surprises you with its intensity. Like a mother's love for several children, ti can vary, it can be different, but it is there, it is love nonetheless.
Diiki was your soulmate, a love that will stand above the rest. A love that all other loves will strive to be, but fall short. But not everyone loves like that, is blessed to ever know and experience a love like that. Until you can celebrate that love, feel blessed to know it, look at it as one of life's greatest treasures, you will continue to feel the pain, and experience the darkness. Do not make Diiki's death more important than her life. That can never be. Of course it hurts, it always will. You never get over something like this you learn to change your life's order and live with it. I lost my own beloved soulmate almost 8 years ago. I still have tears even hearing her name. But one day I realized that she loved life so very much, lived her life day by day and was so very happy, she would never want me to waste one minute on not living life to the fullest, seeking happiness and the beauty it offers. Just as I would want for her if I were the first to go. She, and her love, is bonded to your soul forever. It is spiritual, so eternal. She will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers, do not ever forget "death cannot take that which never dies".
I too came to this site seeking understanding and comfort. Now I try to receive comfort by offering it to others. Just as you do by telling your story. By giving Diiki one of this world's greatest gifts, a great honor by remembering her and loving her still. By one day allowing that love to be added on to and allowing it to bloom and flourish.
We have both stood in the shoes of countless others before us. And there will be countless lost souls after. We are legion......
RIP dear Diiki Cali. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Diiki, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

No, you will never forget her. Nor will she, where she is now, ever forget you. And her love remains with you always.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks Di and Bob, I didn’t have the courage to read your post in May, It is now , July and I read your post and I can understand what you meant about healing a (hole). It has been a little over two years ,I think, since Diiki passed on. I learned more about our felines and the health conditions they have.
I have gone to breeders and read countless articles. Now, I concluded ,I am going to get a kitten from a person who has a real concern and knowledge of kitten. And will help me. I don’t want to be in the blind and on my own while raising a kitten. So much can happen, do I sound scared, Oh yeah, I am, but I will not let my fear paralysis my actions.
I will raise another kitten to the best of my ability
More to come(GW) when I bring my new kitten home. His name has been given bythe current owner,it is
Padmabandhu,,,,GOTTA find out what that means. :ruminating:
Mamanyt1953 Thanks and I hope to have a new song written for Padmabandhu
Les26 thanks
Mia6 thanks

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It means "friend/brother of the Lotus/Sun" It is Hindu. I really like to think that it is 'friend of the sun', because look how much cats love seeking and lying in it.
I wish you well on your new adventure, keep us informed!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure that you are making your beloved Diiki happy, you are adding on to Diiki's love that will forever be in your heart. Like a mother's love for her many children, you will love this new addition and in this way keep Diiki's love alive. Bless you.....

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, the co owner naming him Padmabandhu said the name meant [friend] ,

( To< Furballsmom>. thanks for giving the origin of the word. [Hindi]. And because the new family pet FRIEND is RED/orange he sort of a reminds one of the brightness of the sun.)

My family just complete a kitti condo, we did it together ,it has a hammock & my hubby rocked it and sang a lullaby to practice for the arrival of the new kitten, That was a first. !!! This family project healed his heart because he had to bury Diiki and said he’d never get another. We are growing emotionally.

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so happy my hubby shows signs that he wants another kitti as much as I do, now. He gets a big pat on the back, this morning I caught him watching a video of a dam giving birth to 7 kittens and he commented on how well the momma cat gently went through the birth. So , my point is he realizes the life cycle includes the sadness of death and the joy of birth.