Dig in, Pin and Win!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I am officially closing the contest right now. Please do not pin anything more with the "digging in, pinning and winning" slogan - thank you!   By all means, keep pinning from TCS, just not with that slogan in the description.

We're having a Pinterest Contest and you can win -

a $50 coupon by Mr Chewy for top-rate cat food and treats plus a TCS teeshirt!

The rules -
  1. Follow us on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/thecatsite/ (if you don't have a Pinterest account - send me a private message with your email of choice and I'll send you an invite).
  2. Browse our site - the forums, articles, galleries, or any other section and pin pictures that you like.
  3. Feel free to dig into old threads and galleries! Pins don't have to be of cats - any image that you feel will make a good pin is ok.
  4. When you pin - add this in the description: Digging in, pinning and winning @thecatsite.com
  5. It's ok if you pin an image that's been pinned before but re-pins do not count towards the contest.
  6. Once you do that, I'll re-pin your finds onto a special contest board here:
  7. Only three pins per user per day will be pinned to this board.
  8. Please check the board regularly to make sure your submission pins get pinned there. If your pin has "Digging in, pinning and winning @thecatsite.com" (don't forget the @!), it should be there. Can't see it? Message me here or post to this thread with a link to the pin in question.
  9. Contest begins on Monday, April 2nd and ends on the night of Sunday, April 15th. That's two weeks of pinning, so a maximum of 42 pins per participating member.
  10. You have to be a member of TheCatSite.com by the last day of the contest to be eligible for the contest.
On April 16th, we'll randomly choose one pin from the Dig in, Pin and Win board and the lucky winner will get -

A $50 coupon by Mr Chewy - a great online store for quality cat food and treats

(you can read valanhb's review on the store here) *

A TCS T-shirt with a print of your choice from the TCS Store

Hurry up and start pinning! Here's a suggestion for your first TCS pin:

* Mr Chewy ships within the continental US only. If the winner does not have a shipping address within the US, their prize will be replaced by a year long premium membership on TCS, worth $60.

Last edited:

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just thought after I started pictures, are we ok to use other peoples pics that they have posted in the forums?x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Yes, you can pin anything from the site. Our TOS allows us to use images uploaded by members for such projects. I've been pinning from TCS for a while now and so far everyone's very happy about it :)

missymoo1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, you can pin anything from the site. Our TOS allows us to use images uploaded by members for such projects. I've been pinning from TCS for a while now and so far everyone's very happy about it

Brilliant, I have been doing a lot of pinning
 x

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Please make sure you use @thecatsite.com in the description field, or your pins wouldn't be tracked for the purpose of this contest.

So far, I haven't seen any with @thecatsite.com, so if you have pinned with the right description, please post your Pin address here so I can have a look?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I've started, yay.xx
Found your pins on your board. You need to edit them to say @thecatsite.com in the description, so that they can be counted towards the contest. Also, please note there's a limit of 3 pins a day per user for the contest. Feel free to pin more, of course, but I'll only be re-pinning three a day by each user to the contest board.

Thank you!

missymoo1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Found your pins on your board. You need to edit them to say @thecatsite.com in the description, so that they can be counted towards the contest. Also, please note there's a limit of 3 pins a day per user for the contest. Feel free to pin more, of course, but I'll only be re-pinning three a day by each user to the contest board.

Thank you!
O.k will change the description and put @thecatsite before the description.I am pinning loads because I can't hep it
 Its addictive.x

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O.k will change the description and put @thecatsite before the description.I am pinning loads because I can't hep it
 Its addictive.x

Sorry that was from me Ruth lol, my daughter used my laptop earlier and left herself logged in!!x

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Go on and pin with the right text - you have a great chance of winning so far...

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That's an impressive board there, RuthyB!

I have re-pinned three of those pins today, and will continue re-pinning from your board daily.

Just to clarify to other participants - you don't have to set up a special board for the contest. You can pin stuff from TCS to any board you have on Pinterest. Creating a special TCS board is nice, but not obligatory.

What you do have to do is add - Digging in, pinning and winning @thecatsite.com

to the description of anything that you pin from TCS for this contest. That's how I'll be tracking entries and re-pinning to the contest board here:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Anne, when you get a chance, please check and make sure I did it right. I have NO clue what I'm doing on this website. 
Not seeing your pin, so I'm guessing you didn't enter the contest text of Digging in, pinning and winning @thecatsite.com"

Could you please visit your pin, copy the URL to the pin itself and paste/post it here so I can take a look?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
This seems to be a link to the image of the pin I originally pinned here -

Which you actually re-pinned to a board on your profiles. This is great, but doesn't count towards the contest since it's a re-pin.

Here's what you need to do for the contest -

Use the "Pin It" bookmarklet to choose your own image from our site and pin it to one of your board.

When you pin something with the bookmarklet, it shows you all the images it can find on the page, and once you click on one of them, you get a small pop-up window that looks like this:

The drop-down menu should reflect your own boards.

Where it says "Describe your pin...", you can enter any description you like, but make sure it also has "Digging in, pinning and winning @thecatsite.com" somewhere.

If you don't have the Pin-It bookmarklet in your browser (it usually leads you through installing it when you register), then these videos show you how to get the bookmarklet -

http://www.youtube.com/user/pinterest

Let me know if this works - looking forward to seeing your entries!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
 I am so enjoying myself, love finding all these great pictures to pin.x
I love seeing the images that you find - well done! I am re-pinning three of your pins for every contest day, thank you!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think i have broke pinterest, the website is down and not letting me pin at the minute
 x

Last edited: