Different After Neutered

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is a very sweet cat, and after his surgery, he was super hyper and friendly, just like before. A day later, he started seeming aloof and cold, like the relationship between us didn't matter anymore. He didn't walk over when I said his name, he wouldn't let me pick up him, and never follows me around the house, instead, he hides in small and dark places. Is this normal?

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The meds probably wore off and he was in pain. I don't remember the exact time table, if your concerned and want the timetable post how long it has been since the surgery and I'm sure others will chime in.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes just the experience of being brought to the vet and the neuter procedure can leave a cat nervous and stressed for a few days. As long as he is eating, using the litterbox and his surgical site looks okay, I would just let him be and wait for him to get over it.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Hiding in dark spaces would seem to me to mean he is not feeling well. Is he eating/drinking/using the litterbox normally? Even if he is, he might need more pain meds, if he doesn't have any since you brought him home. You could call the vet and ask about a mild pain med you could give him for the next couple of days.

Hopefully, you will come back later today to tell us that he is acting more like his normal self! :crossfingers: