Difference between a brown tabby, tabico, torbie?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a torbie. Very cute! I love her one orange sock!

A brown tabby doesn't have any orange. A tabico would have more white.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitty is a beautiful example of brown mackerel patched tabby, otherwise known as brown mackerel torbie!

White chin is normal for many tabby cats and is likely to be part of your cat's tabby pattern, not white spotting.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes. I will add, many torties and torbies have green eyes. Why I dont know, theoretically there is no rule for it, but in practice we see more often green eyes in them than in other mixes; save the purebreds whom ARE supposed to be green eyed, alike Russian Blue or Korat.

She is yawning on the last photo. Tired? Sleepy? Nay, yawning is most often done as a friendly sign... Of course, they are relaxed BECAUSE you are a friend, so its surely why its often taken as sleepness...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dthlo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you think she is dilute?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, she doesn't appear to be dilute (blue). I can see black on her tail, black markings on her body and legs, and blackish paw pads. Dilute (blue) cats don't have black anywhere.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her ear is cut, so she must have been spayed by a TNR organization. That's pretty cool :D. Are they very active in your community? Is she from a colony you managed or did she just show up?