Didn’t think it would happen

huxleysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’ve had Sophie for almost 2 years now and she is finally mellowing out! At first, she nipped and scratched a lot, often jumping at my hands when I tried to pet her. She also was not very affectionate and spent most of her time in the same room, but away from me. She still nips every now and then, mostly if I try to pet her when she doesn’t want to, but she comes to me several times a day for a good cuddle session (always next to me, never on me) she even comes right next to my face, something she never did before. She still likes her sleep, but she now also likes to be right next to me, especially when I work. I never believed it when people used to tell me that she might calm down and may become more affectionate.... well, there you go. Never say never!
Oh by the way, I have been SO bored during this quarantine that I created an Instagram account for Sophie. Come follow her! @sophie_in_nyc

Attachments

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My girl was semi feral when I adopted her nine years ago and she is still adapting a little bit more each year. The change in her in the last two years in particular has been huge. Some cats adapt faster and some slower but they will change with time and patience.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a wonderful update. :hearthrob: Adorable pictures. :hearthrob: