Did You Have Ham For Easter Dinner?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have leftovers? What will you make with your leftover ham?

I'm thinking of ham and cheese omelets one night this week. We put ham in the freezer, along with the bone, for split pea soup. Maybe some scalloped potatoes with ham. Maybe some ham and green beans with potatoes (I saved some of my ham broth for that). Thinking of some kind of frittata or maybe a strata.

And some ham salad for sandwiches. I love a good ham salad, but hardly ever make it.

What about you? What do you make with your leftover ham?

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
We cooked a turkey and shared with our spoiled brats.
When we do cooked ham i love pan seared ham with some scalloped potatoes. The ham gets all caramelly and sweet :D

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No. We didn't. I'm not making big, elaborate meals anymore. DD doesn't care about them and doesn't appreciate the work involved so why bother? I'm definitely not going to after she moves out in early May. I bought some of of the Boar's Head low sodium chicken breast for the kids. They love it. They had some for snack last night and again today. Lily is so funny. She was napping on my bed and I called out, "Lily! Do you want some of this? Do you want a treat?" She came sprinting through the house and jumped up on the table just as I was putting the shredded chicken in their dishes.

I made her a burger with roquefort cheese and bacon and some waffle fries. She's happy.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have elaborate meals for holidays since I live alone. I brought a package of green bean casserole for dinner.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We were invited to our neighbor's house for brunch. We usually spend holidays with them. She is a fantastic cook and very accommodating since I'm vegetarian so she made a veggie frittata and dutch baby apple pancake as part of the meal. :yummy: I made a corn souffle as a side dish.

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
A
We were invited to our neighbor's house for brunch. We usually spend holidays with them. She is a fantastic cook and very accommodating since I'm vegetarian so she made a veggie frittata and dutch baby apple pancake as part of the meal. :yummy: I made a corn souffle as a side dish.
A dutch baby sounds so good right now. Also makes me thibk of bobs burgers.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It was just me; not having cooked for a while.. I decided to force myself to do something.
I had a small ham, one large mashed potato and spriralized carrots.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We buy three hams from a local boy scout troop every Easter and Christmas. The hams get carved up and vacuum sealed in one pound packs then frozen. So we'll thaw out ham as desired throughout the year and use the bones for soup. We did have ham on Easter. It was served with deviled eggs, potato's and broccoli. Any leftovers from the meal will be made into sandwiches and omletts over the next two days but I think there is only three or four slices.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We had a cookout on Easter. :lol:

Normally when I have ham leftovers I use it up by mixing it in when scrambling eggs.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cooked a small ham on Friday. Our son and grandson ate supper with us. On Saturday we took a meal to an elderly couple. The wife took a fall last week, has a cracked elbow and a cast. I took them ham, sweet potatoes, peas, pecan pie and rolls. Sunday night we had another ham meal. I wrapped the ham in foil, put it inside a zip lock bag and froze it.
There is enough ham left to eat another meal later on. After we do that, I will take what is left and cook it in a pound of dried lima beans. We like it a lot like that, served with corn bread.