Did You Grow Up With Cats?

Monotail

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, I didn't grow up with cats. Several dogs, but my father disliked cats and wouldn't stand for having even just one in the house.

I do remember the first time I met a cat though. I must've been about five years old, my father brought me to work with him that day. And at his place of work, there was an office cat! She was a tiny little run-of-the-mill gray tabby, creatively named Tabby.

She was a very sweet cat, I spent much of the day alternatively playing or cuddling with her. I can even recall giving her water using a bottle cap! (I'm sure that she had a bowl of water somewhere, but I just thought that it was the coolest thing that she could drink from something so small.)

Now before that, I hadn't liked cats very much. Mostly thanks to my dad's influence, but after meeting Tabby I decided that cats were great! So since then I've taken every opportunity to interact with cats since. From befriending the various strays in my neighborhood, to volunteering at animal shelters and caring for the cats there, to loving on my relative's cats, to playing with barn cats and to petsitting other peoples cats... I'd say that I've definitely made up for not growing up with cats!

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No. We had dogs. Dh had cats when we met. We got one after we were married for awhile.