Did You Ditch Canned Food In Favor Of Ezcomplete?

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I have a sample that I need to use on the girls. Their main canned is Nature's Variety Instinct chicken. I give them different stuff and they've eaten shreds. I just don't know if it'd be more cost effective making them food. Their cases are like $25 for 12 5.5 oz cans and the cans are 200 calories each.

I do my own slurry for the boys' raw because premix would break my budget, but the girls only eat cooked and I'm wondering if the cost would work itself out or if I should just stick to canned food.

I have to figure out where I put that darn sample packet.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried the EZcomplete, but I just learned about it yesterday, so I was trying to get some info on my favorite cat site! Coincidentally, I am also mostly feeding natures variety instinct chicken cans (and sometimes the salmon or rabbit to switch up the flavors, but I don't buy the case because they're much more expensive.) I'd be interested to hear what you think of EZcomplete if you try it, though! I am new to raw feeding, so it seems like you already know much more than I.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats wouldn't eat it. It had a real "vitamin-ey" smell to it. I make my own cat food now, slurry and all, and my cats are fine with it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tried the sample of EZComplete. It didn't appear or smell any different from other pre-mixes I've used before. My cat ate it just fine.

I don't feed meat with a pre-mix exclusively. My cats never seem to get full on it even if I give them like 6 oz for a meal :dunno:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We feed our cats a lot of kinds of food: freeze-dried raw, Rad Cat, canned, and Ezcomplete cooked. Our cats would make me even crazier if they didn't get all that variety! As long as a cat's digestive system can handle it, I think it's all to the good. Our pickier cat especially likes EZ so I'm glad to have it on the menu.

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats love EZ Complete. They like the plates clean. I just love the ingredients . I also fee bone in and sometimes prey raw model. I try to change it up a lot.

sophie1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like the EZcomplete ingredients too, but my cats refused to touch it. I think it's because they use beef liver, which I know my cats dislike. Little buggers! The stuff is expensive, but it's super convenient as it's got everything in it, even down to green lipped mussel powder for Omega-3s.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the EZcomplete ingredients too, but my cats refused to touch it. I think it's because they use beef liver, which I know my cats dislike. Little buggers! The stuff is expensive, but it's super convenient as it's got everything in it, even down to green lipped mussel powder for Omega-3s.
It's actually chicken liver but, IMHO, liver is liver in terms of flavor! :p EZ is definitely not cheap, though the price can be competitive with medium-priced canned foods if I shop around for cheaper/sale meats. (If I get the more expensive stuff, it's on the high end of canned food prices.) The best thing is that it really seems to agree with our pickier cat: the vet thinks the pancreas in EZ is good for her digestion. She even recommended it for another cat. (And I hope more after that!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far, so good. They don't seem to love it, but they're eating it. I believe my instructions were (from customer service) to start with 6 oz of meat. I boiled 6 oz of chicken and it turned into 4.5 oz, which was what my sample packet said to use. It does kind of have a weird smell. I think one cat over the other may be eating it and not both, so that's why it's taking all day.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far, so good. They don't seem to love it, but they're eating it. I believe my instructions were (from customer service) to start with 6 oz of meat. I boiled 6 oz of chicken and it turned into 4.5 oz, which was what my sample packet said to use. It does kind of have a weird smell. I think one cat over the other may be eating it and not both, so that's why it's taking all day.
Ours circled it initially (for a while!) but once they reсognized it as food a little later, all was well. And the rest is history, maore than a year later. I hope yours come around, EZ makes great food.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I transitioned the girls from canned Rawz and Weruva to raw using the sample packet of EZ Complete, and all three ate it, even Iris “No I Don’t Want That Take It Away.” I’ve been mixing my own supplements and using locally purchased chicken thighs (which Iris loves) and Hare Today rabbit and turkey grinds (which Iris dislikes), but I’m going to buy EZ and make batches with that for variety. I fear that as soon as I make the investment in a bag of EZ, Iris “No I Don’t Want That Take It Away” will walk away from it. The other two will eat anything, though, so it won’t go to waste. It will just make meals more complicated. But hey, we live to serve! :)

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used it for about 6 months. My cats really like it. Yet it was just too expensive for the number of cats I have to use every day. I decided to just add my own slurry of supplements to home cooked. EZ Complete was easy to use and I would recommend it if you only have 1-2 cats, but otherwise it's just too expensive.

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use it in rotation with Alnutrin, Rad Cat, and sometimes freeze dried or canned.