did i did the right thing

rob_love33

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
today i had to put my cat miley to sleep because she had cancer and her kidneys might be shutting down i don't know she did had cancer because the vet did no x-rays of blood work it was about 3 month ago i feel had lump on her jaw miley keep getting dehydrated she did lost lot of weight for years my cat had gum and teeth issues i think she had stomatitis and infection of the jaw bone because she did not act like she had cancer she still eat and walk around ok she was 15 to 17 years old i had her for 12 years a week be for i put her to sleep miley was eating more about a can of food a day the way she act this weekend she act some what like that be for not eating much not walking well i just don't know i did the right thing putting her to sleep today

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i had to put my cat miley to sleep because she had cancer and her kidneys might be shutting down i don't know she did had cancer because the vet did no x-rays of blood work it was about 3 month ago i feel had lump on her jaw miley keep getting dehydrated she did lost lot of weight for years my cat had gum and teeth issues i think she had stomatitis and infection of the jaw bone because she did not act like she had cancer she still eat and walk around ok she was 15 to 17 years old i had her for 12 years a week be for i put her to sleep miley was eating more about a can of food a day the way she act this weekend she act some what like that be for not eating much not walking well i just don't know i did the right thing putting her to sleep today
I am very sorry for your loss of Miley it is always so painful to lose them. It is normal to question everything that happens and did we do the right things. It sounds like she was very ill when you made that decision, she was losing weight, suffering dehydration etc. and had the lump, and then took a turn for the worse. Sometimes even if you do numerous tests there is still no confirmation of what is going on. I think you made the right decision for her not to let her continue to suffer which shows how much you loved her. She will always be with you in spirit. Run free sweet Miley 💕🐈🐾🌈

3D029055-C8F3-4202-80FC-E758D89AF927.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Miley, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Yes, you did the right thing. You helped her leave this Adventure for her Next Great Adventure before her life was nothing but misery. You did not put her though surgeries that MIGHT have given her a few more weeks, but would have been so hard on her aging body. You were incredibly brave, and put her good before your own loss. And now, from That Place Where All Things Are Known, Miley blesses you for giving her release, and she sends her love, translated and purified into Love, to walk with you down through all your days. Because Love abide. Always, forever, Love abides.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When there is no cure, when life becomes existing, not living, then yes, I believe you did the right thing. You ended what was sure to be prolonged suffering, and at her age, there were very limited options available if any at all. Grief always brings these doubts and all those should haves, could haves, time is the only thing that will help with the emptiness in your home and heart. Trust your vet who said it was time, they are not confused with all the emotions and grief at times like these, they have seen much. She lives on through you now, her soul will always be connected to your own because love is spiritual and forms a strong bond over all those years. I cling to the saying "Do not cry because it ended, smile because it happened". My thoughts and prayers are with you both, bless you for loving her so much.....RIP dear Miley. You will be dearly missed, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!