Did Arm and Hammer change their Cloud Control litter?

5DH

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven’t seen anything online about this it’s very odd to me, wondering if anyone has heard anything.

We use Arm and Hammer Cloud Control Platinum and ordered a couple new boxes to restock In preparation for a litter dump and cleaning out the boxes.

As you can see in the picture, the rest of the old box was gray color litter. I opened a new box and it’s brown. The boxes appear to be identical to me… hopefully it performs the same as the old stuff, but any ideas what happened here? It doesn’t look at all close to the same product. It would be weird if they did a formula change and didn’t publish anything about it…

Anyone use this stuff and notice the change? Should I be concerned at all? It’s just litter… I assume worst case they put the wrong product in this box or something.

Attachments

GranolaLouise

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you email them and ask, they will refund your money via check in the mail. I had a simple question about Slide..just a simple question..and they sent me a check for $23 to try other varieties !!! I never asked for any refund at all.

• Purraise
Reactions: 5DH
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

5DH

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you email them and ask, they will refund your money via check in the mail. I had a simple question about Slide..just a simple question..and they sent me a check for $23 to try other varieties !!! I never asked for any refund at all.
Thanks I will email them. I don't care as much about the money (although that would be a nice bonus). Chewy already offered to refund or replace, but I need to know if they changed the formula or production or something. No sense getting a replacement and it's the same issue. (and maybe it's a non-issue and just a color variation, but it doesn't seem to have the same scent...)

IronCladLou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have seen color variations with Cloud Control from time to time. We have seen the brown color on occasion. I don’t think it is an issue. We use the regular, non platinum version. The platinum product had stronger scent that we felt caused our cat some eye irritation. We cleaned and changed the litter in the boxes and one of our cats started to rub it’s eyes and they started to get puffy within a day. Changed back to regular cloud control and the problems went away. Our other two cats did not show any difficulty. We really like the Cloud Control Litter product. It really is dust free; the only one we have found. The other thing is when you walk on the litter scatter on the floor, in bare feet, it feels like you are walking on sand and not tiny rock shards. Works well in the Litter Robot.

• Purraise
Reactions: 5DH
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

5DH

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have seen color variations with Cloud Control from time to time. We have seen the brown color on occasion. I don’t think it is an issue. We use the regular, non platinum version. The platinum product had stronger scent that we felt caused our cat some eye irritation. We cleaned and changed the litter in the boxes and one of our cats started to rub it’s eyes and they started to get puffy within a day. Changed back to regular cloud control and the problems went away. Our other two cats did not show any difficulty. We really like the Cloud Control Litter product. It really is dust free; the only one we have found. The other thing is when you walk on the litter scatter on the floor, in bare feet, it feels like you are walking on sand and not tiny rock shards. Works well in the Litter Robot.
Thanks for this reply! I also reached out to Arm and Hammer and they responded that there are "natural color variations" from the minerals they use. I wasn't sure if this was just them pushing me off but your comment makes me feel better. So far we have been using it and while I have noticed more tracking than usual, the litter itself seems just fine.