Diarrhea

Twinkster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ugh, Woke up and its everywhere , poor kitty. She had loose stools last night too (just once) . Do I still feed her? I know with dogs you stop food and do a bland diet for so long after is it the same for cats? I do have Fitaflora, i can give her that , I think its supposed to help firm up poo. I will get her a appt with the vet this week to see if something else is going on.
I did buy a few new brands of food this week (wet) I bet this was the cause, but I still want a full blood panel to make sure she is not sick again.
Her energy has not stopped , she is still playing and wrestling with her sister.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hopefully if its the new food her tummy will settle on its own in a day or so. Feed her boiled chicken, bland foods. S boulardii is good for diarrhoea. Half a capsule twice a day and the diarrhoea should stop in 2/3 days. You can mix it in a little water and syringe it or mix in with the food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Twinkster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the late reply. I gave her the FortiFora (im still putting it in her food) and went back to the Fancy feast pate , and it stopped. I did take her to the vet and her blood test came back OK , she had a slight raised protein but the vet was not concerned . She is feeling better. I really would like them to eat a better quality food. They eat minimal dry and probably 90 percent wet.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update. Great that the diarrhoea has stopped but if fancy feasts is what suits her its better than her not eating. Get her tummy settled and maybe try a food you would prefer later.