Diarrhea

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Four or 5 days ago my girl cat ate a new can of cat food that she never had before(fussie cat), one of those expensive ones.. A day or so later she had diarrhea, I take it that it was from the food..

I gave her a probiodic that day, now 2 or 3 days later she still has a bit of wet dookies. One was a bit firm but the rest was wet but not like the first time its better. I gave her a probiodic again! Should I give her a probiodic daily until it firms up? I only have like 2 or 3 left...

She acts perfectly healthy after that first day, the first day she had diarrhea she wasnt feeling the best

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you use fiber like plain pumpkin or Metamucil to help bulk up the stool? I trust she is no longer on that food??
She only ate that food the first day half the can, the next day she finished the other half, next day or the following day diarrhea..

Shes no longer on it, I have no pumpkin, I could buy some though but shouldnt the probiodic be enough?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've not used probiotics, so I don't know. I just got the impression you didn't want to use the last few you had. If you are not worried about using them up, finish them and if that doesn't resolve it, try the plain pumpkin.

Theoretically, if it was the food, her stools should be back to normal by now, I would have thought. The food must have really played with her digestive system.

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ordered more probiodics from ebay, it seems its a good thing to have on hand..

Thanks for always answering my questions!

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope its the food she had wet stools again tonight..

She had the new food on sat and sunday, monday diarrhea, and now wednsday diarrhea

Couldnt be a coincedance could it? Ill het pumpkin tomorrow

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe the food is too rich for her, that can cause diarrhoea. Try pumpkin as FeebysOwner has suggested or you could try a pinch of psyllium on her food twice a day. A small packet is cheap to buy and always handy to have. Try to feed her a bland diet such as cooked chicken for a day or two, it will give her tummy a rest.

Last edited:

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought pumpkin 100% and gave each cat 1 teaspoon, is that enough? She also had a probiodic this morning

My 2 cats eat it like candy

Also after this diarrhea, how often and how much should I give pumpkin for furballs etc as maintanance? I do give Oliver egg lecithin half capsule once a day, started that a 4 days ago..

Pumpkin for diarrhea?

Last edited:

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Still has loose stools, one was shaped well but the rest was wet..

I just went to the vet with her stools but they said they need to see her to send it for test..I bought probiodics from them..

I switched her to blue buffalo sensitive stomach feb 12 and she had normal stools until last monday...Could it be the
ue buffalo? She did have that new can food on sat/sunday

Olivers stools are healthy on blue buffalo

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Allie still has loose stools

She was recently trasitioned to Blue Buffalo Sensitive Stomach last Feb 12 from Royal canin Urinary So due to health issues from my Other cat.

There are a ton of recent reviews with the very same blue buffalo sensitive stomach saying their cats get crazy diarrhea etc...

Not only that but Allie has started scratching her neck and ears 2 days ago...I stopped feeding the blue buffalo last saturday afternoon and put both my cats on Purina one Urinary...I could not transition her as she would not touch the blue buffalo anymore...Shes also on probiodics!

Today tuesday she stopped eating the purina one urinary kibble. I thought she was sick as she made like she wanted to eat but snobs the food.

I ended up giving her the old Royal canin Urinary So which she was on with no problems for the past year and a half..She did not have this food since feb 12, she ate it up all, she sure missed this food..

Everything thats been happening seems to point to the Blue Buffalo! When I first started transitioning her on the blue she had diarrhea that eventually went away, and Oliver regurgitated the Blue food a lot, something he never did with the royal Canin...

Allie is now on her old diet as she never had problems until Blue came into her life..

I called the vet and they were booked, although im pretty certain this is not a infection but a food intolerance? If so blue buffalo once again screwed over another healthy cat, so many over thousand of negative reviews on them..

She also consumes canned food, same ones shes been having for 4 years
I personally have been going through severe anxiety attacks and depression because all of this...

Quote”I tried switching my older cat's dry food to Blue Buffalo Sensitive Stomach Chicken Recipe Adult Dry Cat Food today. About 3 hours after he ate some, he started vomiting large pools of blood. I was shocked to see my cat vomit a pool of blood as big as a dinner plate, and, several smaller pools about the size of a saucer. WTF!!! He's 18 years old and I can't afford to pay for the medical bills. If he keeps vomiting blood, I may have to put him to sleep.”

Quote”I bought the Blue Buffalo sensitive stomach for cat as one of my cat has IBS and her stools are soft. It's been 2 days that I am trying to switch from Purina sensitive system to this one gradually. Both of my cats (15 years old both) have severe diarrhea now and I stopped this food immediately. I cannot return it as I did not have the receipt anymore, but hopefully my cat will feel better after stopping feeding this craps. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE - OUR BABIES DO NOT DESERVE TO SUFFER. I feel desperate as the moment you think there is finally a solution to a problem, you invest and understand that it is just a big scam.”

Quote”So whatever they've changed in the Sensitive Stomach dry cat food formulation (which I have used for years with no issues) has now made 2 of my cats very ill. Allergies, ear infections, rough coat, lethargy, intestinal reactions (vomiting, diarrhea). And judging from the comments on numerous consumer and pet parent message boards, I am not alone. Blue Buffalo and General Mills are a disgrace and that's putting it mildly. Obviously I won't be buying any Blue Buffalo crap anymore and I'll be telling all my friends to avoid them as well. Putting profits over well-being in any situation is abhorrent. It's sad when good companies go bad (Burt's Bees, Garden of Life vitamins, numerous natural and pet food brands, etc) simply by being bought out by huge conglomerates who have little interest in the health of the users of their products. And have no hesitation lying about their ingredients. Watching your animals suffer is heartbreaking.”

Quote”Where do I begin... I have two cats that have been eating Blue Buffalo Sensitive Stomach for 2 years. Since being on Blue, my older cat would vomit a few times a month. Recently, my youngest one lost almost 3 pounds after vomiting and having nonstop diarrhea for on and off since June 2018. We have spent well over $3000.00 on vet bills. During our last vet visit, the ultrasonogram indicated my cat's organs were inflamed (liver, kidney, intestines). We finally decided to switch both cats out to a new brand. Poops are solid/moist, and they both seem to have more energy. My youngest cat, is still recovering the weight she's lost. Avoid this brand at all costs. After doing some research, Blue Buffalo sources their ingredients from China. China, a country with zero animal welfare laws. What a shame. SHAME.”

Quote”In an attempt to give my cat a high quality food, I went to the pet store and bought Blue Buffalo Sensitive Systems dry food. I gradually introduced it, and she liked it. After a very short time, she got liquid diarrhea & vomiting. I tried to get her back to her normal food, but she now couldn't tolerate that either. Over $1,000 in vet bills later, 2 different vet offices, and 8 months of trails of medicines & diet adjustments, we've decided together that we can't recover her intestinal tract from whatever this product did to her. She will be euthanized to end her suffering this week. I have had animals for 40 years, worked in the animal industry for nearly 20 years, and am thoroughly disgusted with this product. Shame on you, Blue Buffalo! Beware all...”

Last edited: