Diarrhea On Antibiotics?

Pixelated Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! Pixie is on two antibiotics for pneumonia: oral antibiotic Veraflox and he had the Convenia shot. He has been on Veraflox since Friday night, and got the Convenia shot saturday morning. This evening my hubby and I came home to diarrhea on our kitchen and laundry room floors with Pixie looking up at us like he had done something shameful. I could see the trail where he was running for the litter box. We petted him and told him it was okay, and cleaned it up. I found a bunch of diarrhea in his litter box. Has anyone else's cat had diarrhea while on antibiotics? He hasn't had any diarrhea since we have been home, but I'm going to call Dr. Mac tomorrow. He is still eating and drinking well, and continues make small progress everyday.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of this, but you need to know which antibiotic causes it. If it is Veraflox, Dr. Mac can tell you to stop giving him that over the phone.

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats routinely get diarrhea while on Clavamox. You can make it better (not always all better) by giving him probiotics. I don't know about the antibiotics Pixie is getting but your vet will know.