Diarrhea Issues

Destinymcamp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat that is about 3 years old. For months he has had random spurts of diarrhea that last a day or two and then he's fine, and then it come back in about a month. We thought it could possibly be worms so we treated him and are still having the issue. I've researched some and found that cats might have digestive problems, and that maybe probiotics would help.

My question is does anyone know what this may be. He seems healthy otherwise. I just don't want to spend hundreds at the vet if there's something I can try from the pet stores.

PLEASE HELP! He's my world and I just want to see him get better!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you use a broad-spectrum wormer? A lot of over-the-counter wormers are only for round worm. If he is an indoor-only cat, it probably isn't worms.

Diarrhea is a symptom caused by multiple issues. It could be worms, diet, or a host of more serious issues. It will be very hard for anyone to diagnose the specific problem except for your vet. Since this has been going on for months, I'd take him in for a checkup.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If this an random and only lasts a day or two, could it be related to his food? Do you rotate foods? If so, can you keep a log and see if this happens with certain foods, or certain proteins? I'm suspecting it may be a food allergy.