Diarrhea fixed with dry food?

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Daily update: Simon has gone two more times since this morning and while both were still much softer than they should be, they at least looked vaguely formed, so progress. I'm hesitant to skip a meal tonight, but the vet has yet to really steer me wrong, so I guess I'll give it a shot.
Tomorrow will go back to a purely wet food diet with both miralax and l-lysine, and the addition of the probiotic to (for lack of better word) bulk up the stools to get them to no longer be primarily liquid.
Congrats. Mine also has gone back to normal stools.. in fact perhaps a little too hard. I think we got this.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I take it back - The probiotic is Proviable DC, to give one capsule daily. It said by mouth, but I don't think pilling this cat is going to be an option, so I'll call back after lunch to see if I can sprinkle it on his food instead.
We give this to our kitties. We open the capsule and sprinkle on wet food and then mix in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dkb817

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today's update: Simon has now gone to the opposite end of the spectrum and didn't poo all day yesterday or yet today. He's still urinating though, and ate all of his food, so I'm hoping this is like when my last cat would get an enema and it just took her a couple of days to get things regulated and going again.

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine hasn't gone in two days either but I am NOT going to panic. He isn't eating as much as he normally does and so it is to be expected.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dkb817

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I updated on the other question but not here

Simon finally DID go yesterday (and twice!) - the first was somewhat formed, but the second was pure liquid again. I've reduced him down to the miralax once a day so as not to shock his system by taking him completely off, but at least he's going again, so that's something.

M mommytobuck - hoping your little one goes soon too!

mommytobuck

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes I think he is back to normal. Now the fully formed poo is the norm and the wet one is the exception.