Diarrhea and Barf

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oliver and Allie been on royal canin gastrointestinal for quite a while now but I always sprinkle very little blue basics turkey and pea on her food for months...Her dookies was always decent but yesterday I gave her just the blue basics thinking to save money on the rx food, she also eats canned food just fine....

Last night diarrhea half solid half mush in the litterpan, I figure ill clean her fur if its dirty in the morning...She woke me up at 1pm asking for my help...Her backside was covered with diarrhea...Found out she did it on my blanket on the couch, she also barfed numerous times last night....

I gave her probiodics last night but she barfed so this morning I gave her another one, shes sleeping but she purrs when I pet her this morning..

Im hopin for a speedy recovery, I still have a unused metronizadole prescribed to her last august when she had diarrhea from again forcing non digiestible kibble on her

I take it she purrs that shes already recovering, last time she was reclusive and did not purr

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oliver and Allie been on royal canin gastrointestinal for quite a while now but I always sprinkle very little blue basics turkey and pea on her food for months...Her dookies was always decent but yesterday I gave her just the blue basics thinking to save money on the rx food, she also eats canned food just fine....

Last night diarrhea half solid half mush in the litterpan, I figure ill clean her fur if its dirty in the morning...She woke me up at 1pm asking for my help...Her backside was covered with diarrhea...Found out she did it on my blanket on the couch, she also barfed numerous times last night....

I gave her probiodics last night but she barfed so this morning I gave her another one, shes sleeping but she purrs when I pet her this morning..

Im hopin for a speedy recovery, I still have a unused metronizadole prescribed to her last august when she had diarrhea from again forcing non digiestible kibble on her

I take it she purrs that shes already recovering, last time she was reclusive and did not purr
Poor baby!
My sweetie minnie had that last week , just waiting for results from her tests

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver and Allie been on royal canin gastrointestinal for quite a while now but I always sprinkle very little blue basics turkey and pea on her food for months...Her dookies was always decent but yesterday I gave her just the blue basics thinking to save money on the rx food
If they do well on Royal Canin gastrointestinal food, have you tried Royal Canin Sensible 33? That’s non-prescription so cheaper but it also contains a probiotic and I read on some reviews it worked well as a replacement to the gastrointestinal one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Ill check it out, shes in good spirits have her in the outside tent and she was clawing her furniture, she was watching me leash walk oliver

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep in mind purring doesn't always mean they are happy. They also purr to feel better, if they are in pain or discomfort, and to calm down and various other reasons. I am sure she is quite uncomfortable with the vomiting and loose stool. Metronidazole is good to have on hand if that helps. She just sounds overly sensitive. Although any food with peas gave my cats upset stomachs since it is not a necessary part of their diet.

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shes seems relaxed and happy sleeping all stretched out but has not eaten since, she drank a ton though

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Allie still using the pan once a day and getting diarrhea, she barfed to, I found a little this morning, she had this back in august..
I still have the metronidizole from last time i never used...

I give her probiodics every morning and she ate decently well yesterday and drinking water, This started early tuesday morning, im leaning towards the vet tomorrow but last time all she had was sub q and cerenia as my link has my receipt in it...Shes not reclusive like the last time and for the most part seems ok personality wise...

Im really worried she has ibd and is what the vet said the last time, I just hate to dump 400 bucks again when she might be on the verge of recovery...Should I wait couple more days?Her blood was fine last august

Diarrhea Not Eating

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be that the extra blue basics has upset her. It often takes 48 hours to settle again, any longer and I would recommend a vet visit. Its good that she's drinking.

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea its from say tuesday 1am so little past 48 hours, if tomorrow same thing I guess I need to take her in.

Figure 3 days to pass, shes out watching the birds in her tent, she went in the stroller to go outside, shes trying to eat grass
2185A1F5-CB84-4F3D-B387-658EC8D2F761.jpeg

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sigh calling the vet this morning, shes still puking and diarrhea

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Allie made a turn around, no barf or diarrhea last night and eating decently.. Now i need to cancel her 9 am appointment, thank god

I told her last night you barf again Allie we goin to the vet, i guess that did the trick

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also picked up nutra max forte from the vets yesterday, I was using nutramax dc i kept in the cabinet but I think it went bad cause we had some really hot days and it didnt help her. I will reorder more but keep it in the fridge

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
super stink poo last night half solid half runny, then i found a ton of barf in her stroller, then she barf foamy stuff 2 times...

Sigh callin vet tomorrow

got me anxiety now

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Still holding off on the vets, no diarrhea in 24hours so far, she threw up a little hair this morning which is unusual....Shes eating better, seems more or less on the normal side mood wise....

If she diarrheas and barfs a lot again i will take her of course but im hoping whatever it is its going away at this point..

Im just scared she has ibd, maybe a furball stuck in her gut, I dunno

Still giving her probiodic forte every morning

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I checked all my past threads and found out

diarrhea in march
diarrhea in august
diarrhea in january

5 months apart each time....hmmmm