Diarreah

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a question, I'm not sure if I spelled Diarreah right or not, i think probably not, but anyway...Merlin was inside for awhile today, and when he used the litter pan, his bowel movement (for lack of a better word) was a pale yellowish green color, and there was a bit of blood in it. I'm not trying to be disgusting, but I wondered if anyone knows why this would happen....he seems healthy, and hasn't eaten anything different than normal. It was a very loose stool also. Should I be worried?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hi Debby,

Sorry for not replying earlier. The thread must have escaped my eye...

How is Merlin now? Is he better? Cats can get the occasional bout of diarrhea (I didn't know how to spell this either
- I checked in one of my cats books...). It could be something he ate or something like that.

However, if it continues for more than 24 hours or if the cat looks ill (unusually quiet and passive) you should immediately consult the vet.

I'm a bit worried about the blood in his stool bit. Anyways, I think you had better contact your vet if it hasn't stopped by now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well from what I can tell, it seems to have cleared up some...it's hard to tell, because after he goes, he covers it up...but I think it's better...and he seems healthy, except I have heard him sneeze a couple times, but I'm not going to worry about it until I see some further signs of a cold, which I don't so far. he is very active, and his eyes look great.