Diaper Donation Please!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It looks like I can post this here, if not I hope u can move it to its place.

I am in need of diaper donations for an incontinent kitten i just saved. She is aprox 4 months old and has little control over her bowel or bladder. She has to wear a diaper because she dribbles urine and she has no idea when she is going poo.
I adopted her from a place about to euthanize her where the care she got was not good at all. I already have 1 incontinent kitten born to a cat I rescued pregnant so I had his old diapers to use for her. Well, they r very different so she is pooping right out the tail hole and it is not helping much, and I can't keep up with washing them as they do not dry fast enough.
I am posting a link to the fancy pants for pets website and she has a wishlist on there for the diaper shells she needs. I also will accept donations of preemie disposable diapers as well if that is possible through here. I hate asking but it seems very needed at this point as between her and her other diapers brothers visits and diapers I just had to get for him we r in a crisis. Any help is greatly appreciated. Or if anyone knows where to buy CHEAP preemie diapers.

Fancypants4pets.com go to wishlist and her name is catniss

I included a couple pics of catniss and our bathroom wall of laundry. Most people hang pics, we hang kitty diapers lol.
20170726_173701.jpg
20170726_205338.jpg
20170726_213137.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well thank u! The pics do her no justice even lol. She was born with a birth defect that I have yet to be verified by x ray on my own that makes her that way. I would say cerebellar hypoplasia (ch) or Manx syndrome (They r very close to the same thing). She has a tiny nub of a tail that doesn't seem to move from what I have seen while she is naked. The loss of tail typically is combined with spinal deformalities and cause never damage resulting in incontinence. She has longer back legs than a normal cat causing her to look like a low rider and she walks slightly different or bunny hops. She has weaker muscles in her legs as she sometimes loses her legs if she stands still for like 15 minutes and will just slide to her butt.
She's an extremely happy kitten and playful other than that. The 2 I have like this r the most entertaining to watch since they make everything that much more cute!

This comes from improper breeding and malnourishment during pregnancy and thus the reason I am a big advocate of please spay and neuter your cats unless you actually breed them and know what u r doing.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The only wishlist the link took me to was for Delilah! Can you check into that and get us an updated link?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I will send her an email right now. She has been having problems with the site so I will let her know. Thanks to u and anyone who helps too! And please spay and neuter!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got an email back from her (she is pretty quick) and she said it might be the end of the weekend before she gets her and bob back in there. I can include the measurements of her and message for the address (not sure posting that completely public is a good idea) if anyone wants til then. Other than that idk. I myself still can't pull up any of it for some reason so idk y that is either. I do know it is a very bad time for it to crash.

Her measurements r 11.5 top to bottom,
10.5 around, and no tail hole
Ships to catniss rath...

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm stuck for the rest of this month, but PLEASE PM me around the 20th of next month, and I can certainly give you a little assistance then! I know this will be ongoing.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I will. I appreciate any help for sure. Thank u for even considering it, as some ppl think my two shouldn't even be alive. Meanies!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Special needs animals can be the most rewarding experiences of our lives. I adopted, from birth, a kitten with swimmers syndrome. The owners of his mama wanted to put him down right away. Bottlefed around the clock, and every time he was fed, I massaged his little back legs, putting them in the proper position, extending them gently. Named him, lovingly, Frogbottom. He got to where he could walk and run very well, although he was never more than an indifferent jumper. He could get to the couch or bed, and that was fine by him.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awe, I love the name! They certainly are, I have the 2 diaper babies and they r certainly the most loving of the cats! I am so proud when they do things and especially have good poop lol. Poor catniss is having the worst time. She has been to now 3 vets and has had ear mites, an infected neck from scratching, got a shot for tape worm but found out she actually has round worms! Going here in just a minute to get meds for that... The vet "rescue" I got her from will be getting turned in just as soon as I can officially say she is mine and they have no control over her. even though I have only had her a few days I am ready to get them for her and all the other poor babies that might go there!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can make a safe, soothing skin wash for the scratches by simply brewing a cup of chamomile tea refrigerating it until very cool, and swabbing on the ouchy spots. Perfectly safe for kittehs.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O really, I would have never thought of that! I appreciate it and she certainly will too! We r all about things we can do at home, and I try and write info down so I can always use it later too.
What exactly is swimmers syndrome by the way? I apparently forgot to ask before

O, I was sent a message saying her wishlist is up and going now just so everyone knows.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here's a link that describes it better than I can:
Swimmer Kittens

I couldn't believe that they wanted to put the little guy "out of his misery." Heck, he wasn't miserable, they just didn't like looking at him. He was even nursing fine, and mama accepted him with no problem! But they would never have taken the time to do the therapy for him, either, so maybe it was best I took him.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There's nothing wrong with them! Ppl r so cruel! I'm so glad u took the little one, they all deserve a chance at life and a real home. It's almost cute in a way, although it looks very difficult to get where u want to be.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wish people understood how totally accepting animals are of being "different." If they are not in pain, there is no misery! Frogbottom only lived eight years (he had a heart problem), but there was no "sickness," and he had eight years of playing, loving, being loved, and sleeping in sunpuddles. EVERY KITTEN DESERVES as much of that as nature decrees!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
8 years is good with a heart condition. I don't know what I would do without bob and I was advised to put him down. Actually I am fairly certain the vet was hoping he would die as she refused to do anything at 2 days old when she docked his tail. It is a miracle he lived that long without being able to go on his own! I have had him since he was born in my lap and here he stays to hopefully live a very long life. Catniss is new (a week now I have had her) but I am so attached already! They both would've been dead, and now they r the happiest and cutest kitties ever that get to live their lives. Life without the special ones would be so boring and ordinary lol. Frogbottom still makes me giggle, I love that

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bless you for your love and devotion to these two special kitties! I need to go check some forums, but I will check in with your thread tomorrow. You may PM me at any time, as well!