Diamond the cat does his cute trick!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my companion cats, Diamond, does a very cute trick!  On the second day he was here, he got up on his haunches, put his paws together and moved them up and down.  It looked like he was begging.  Was I surprised!  I don't know if someone taught him or if it is part of his natural behavior.  When I showed the video to someone from the rescue where I got him, they said that they did not know he did this.  It is a mystery how he picked the habit up.

If I am counting out his supplements or eating something that he thinks he might like, Diamond will beg.  If there is an insect he wants to catch or a counter he wants to get on, he will beg.  I've seen him begging when he is looking at the TV!  He begs several times a day.  After all this time, it still charms me!

Here is a short video I took with my old phone, so the quality is so-so.

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
My Chula does the same thing except her front paws are separated. It's SO cute! Your Diamond is adorable - and that's great you could get a video. Chula always sits down as soon as I point the camera at her. We have some special cats, don't we? I've never known a cat to do this before and Chula, like Diamond, does it many times a day. Scritches to your dear Diamond!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so cool that Chula does it too.  Very special kitties!  

Did Chula learn it on her own or did someone teach her?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Chula just does it on her own. She was 2 years old when I adopted her and I called her previous owner to ask her about it. Her owner said Chula had never done it before so it's a real mystery!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so interesting that both cats figured it out on their own.  I have wondered if someone taught him, but if Chula started doing it on her own, maybe Diamond did too.