Diago and MIsty's RAW journey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea I did that the first day and they didjt eat it plus they only had a few bites of the mix...I took away the blob and they finished their mix. I could try again tonight.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are already doing SO WELL
.  I'm kind of amazed at just how quickly they've taken to raw.  So happy for you.  Remember, when you switch over to another brand, or flavor, you may have to mix in a little of the old, (or a LOT of it
) for them to start eating the new, just like you're doing now with the canned food.

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the Kind words mrsgreenjeens! Hopefully tonight goes well but I am waiting for the time when they tell me "uh-uh". lol

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay so I think we jynxed it lol...they wouldn't touch it tonight.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no! You didn't "knock wood" when you said you were waiting for the time when they tell you "uh-uh." :lol3:

Yep. I found I had to introduce new proteins with canned food. I was unable to feed them the same food for more than a day or two in a row. Even once fully on raw, I pretty much had (have) to rotate stuff, or they just... get bored? :dk:

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
While I definitely knew this time would come I feel so disappointed... I change their canned portion daily...I thought though would be enough for now..sigh

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Focus on the fact that they don't hate it enough to walk away from it when it's a small amount of their canned. :nod: I know it's disappointing, but it's a big leg up as a starting point!

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I wrapped it up last night and offered it again this morning- Diago didn't touch it but misty finished hers. (y)

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Freeze dried chicken treats are little packages sent from heaven!! My cats don't like treats and last time at Walmart they had 100% freeze dried chicken treats on sale for two bugs so I got this m and was surprised that they are bonkers for them... I tried Diago on the 50/50 raw wet mix again tonight and it was a no go... for the first time ever I tried sprinkling just one treat over it and he licked the bowl clean! Yay!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Freeze dried chicken treats are little packages sent from heaven!!
:flail: :flail: :flail: YES THEY ARE! That is JUST what they are!

Oh I'm SO glad they love them! :clap: :clap: :clap: I still resort to crushed FD chicken powder magic at times! (In fact, at this point with one of them I can just PRETEND to sprinkle some on and she'll finish up! :flail: ).

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol its so funny isn't it? I mean it was hardly anything and it was deffinatly all eaten in the first few bites but he finished it all anyways Baja..and that's so funny that one of yours just needs to "know" its there to be satisfied. Lol

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry its been a few days..I have been super busy and not changed anything..today I was displeased with my self for that so for the heck of it I tried not adding wet...I added a half egg yolk each and a tsp pumpkin each(hard poops) and mixed it into like a gravy and they loved it!

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good for your babies that they loved the egg yolks. 
.  The first time I served up egg yolks, Tinky, my picky raw eater, went berserk for them, and I breathed a sign of relief.   He liked them for the first couple of times he ate them, then suddenly decided he didn't like them afterall, the rescal.  Darko, my little piggy, never did like them, but last time I topped it with with some thymus powder (I think), and he was good to go.  Thank goodness for toppers.

Oh!  as to the hard poops...raw poops are naturally harder than "regular" poops.  A LOT harder
  And a ::LOT smaller, which I'm guessing you may be noticing, even though they aren't completely on raw yet.   And the smell is a lot more pleasant too, virtually non-existent once they are fully converted

dreamraider

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol yea I am a big fan of toppers. They have been pooping for months like that..before raw. It is like rabbit poop..hard perfect balls but not hard to pass and right on shcedual every time. I was hoping raw would help but now I'm trying a little pumpkin..I try to give them each a half egg twice a week too..when I have eggs. What I did notice about the poop..I scoop into a bag that's in a bucket with a lid and empty it on garbage day...three days in the poop was moldy...guess because there is more real meat in there? Gross anyways lol

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Lol yea I am a big fan of toppers. They have been pooping for months like that..before raw. It is like rabbit poop..hard perfect balls but not hard to pass and right on shcedual every time. I was hoping raw would help but now I'm trying a little pumpkin..I try to give them each a half egg twice a week too..when I have eggs. What I did notice about the poop..I scoop into a bag that's in a bucket with a lid and empty it on garbage day...three days in the poop was moldy...guess because there is more real meat in there? Gross anyways lol
I don't why raw poop would mold any more than canned poop
  Has it been really rainy up there or something.  That's the only reason I can think for moldy poop (I mean that's been kept for a few days in a covered bucket
.  Here in Phoenix, we hardly ever see anything mold.  It'd just too hot and dry.