Diagnosed: FIP but does bloodwork show Anemia only?

Stenya Samarin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
Our 2 year female baby is diagnosed with FIP and has severe anemia. She was jaundice in November and a bit in December, had a blood transfusion last week and gets B12 injections twice a week. She is eating but somedays poorly, but usually eats small amounts 4/5 times throughout the day, went from 12.5lbs to 6lbs in to current 8.4lbs, just startled sneezing fits, runs a fever now and then, heavy urination, lays around quite a bit and for the most part isn’t herself, good days and bad days. Balance, eyes are fine. Her blood work is indicative of severe anemia but just maybe not FIP? I realize I may be grasping at straws but everything for FIP appears normal and could those that are not normal could indicate her anemia? Is FIP the cause of her anemia? Her last blood work shows as follows : TBIL 1.4, RBC 1.84, HGB 38., HCT 13.16, MCV 71., MCH 20.6, MCHC 28.9, RDWc 25.8, PLT 93, PDWc 21.4. GLOB 4.1, NEU 4.18., ALB 3.5, ALP 11, BUN 19, TP 7.6, MVP 15. and all else is within normal range. However TBIL was 6.9 and ALT 177 at one time. Please, can someone help? Does does this appear to be FIP?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Stenya Samarin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ALSO: Her ultrasound and urinalysis was fine.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Higher globulin is sometimes an indication of FIP. Do you have a figure for total protein in the bloodwork? If FIP, that might also be raised. Did they do a Rivalta test? As far as I know, that is the most accurate way to detect FIP, although it's still not 100% accurate

If it IS FIP are you aware of a new Black Market drug that is being used right now by many cat owners that is seemingly a cure? Google GS-441524 for FIP and you can read up on it. We've had a couple of members here who've used it and had success! It's a long drawn out process, but has great potential. It's in clinical trials right now, so your Vet cannot procure it for you yet as far as I know, but it IS available on-line.

Stenya Samarin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Higher globulin is sometimes an indication of FIP. Do you have a figure for total protein in the bloodwork? If FIP, that might also be raised. Did they do a Rivalta test? As far as I know, that is the most accurate way to detect FIP, although it's still not 100% accurate

If it IS FIP are you aware of a new Black Market drug that is being used right now by many cat owners that is seemingly a cure? Google GS-441524 for FIP and you can read up on it. We've had a couple of members here who've used it and had success! It's a long drawn out process, but has great potential. It's in clinical trials right now, so your Vet cannot procure it for you yet as far as I know, but it IS available on-line.
TP 7.6 Vet said Rivalta not 100% accurate.I’ve been giving her those injections for almost 3 months. She improved immediately then went back down. I just heard from her vet and it may be cancer. I’ll be trying to determine FIP so she’s not getting more pain/injections than necessary. Thank you for responding, I really appreciate it

snsmith2000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
Our 2 year female baby is diagnosed with FIP and has severe anemia. She was jaundice in November and a bit in December, had a blood transfusion last week and gets B12 injections twice a week. She is eating but somedays poorly, but usually eats small amounts 4/5 times throughout the day, went from 12.5lbs to 6lbs in to current 8.4lbs, just startled sneezing fits, runs a fever now and then, heavy urination, lays around quite a bit and for the most part isn’t herself, good days and bad days. Balance, eyes are fine. Her blood work is indicative of severe anemia but just maybe not FIP? I realize I may be grasping at straws but everything for FIP appears normal and could those that are not normal could indicate her anemia? Is FIP the cause of her anemia? Her last blood work shows as follows : TBIL 1.4, RBC 1.84, HGB 38., HCT 13.16, MCV 71., MCH 20.6, MCHC 28.9, RDWc 25.8, PLT 93, PDWc 21.4. GLOB 4.1, NEU 4.18., ALB 3.5, ALP 11, BUN 19, TP 7.6, MVP 15. and all else is within normal range. However TBIL was 6.9 and ALT 177 at one time. Please, can someone help? Does does this appear to be FIP?
This may not be helpful at all, but for the anemia, there is a pet supplement brand that makes a Liquid Iron for pets called Aminopets. I’m from the city they’re produced in and the vet talked about their Hydrocortisone for my cat’s skin irritation. I ended up getting a different spray that was antibacterial also, but remembered they had a Liquid Iron because I’m anemic and thought it was interesting. All their products are flavored so they can be added to food.

Stenya Samarin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This may not be helpful at all, but for the anemia, there is a pet supplement brand that makes a Liquid Iron for pets called Aminopets. I’m from the city they’re produced in and the vet talked about their Hydrocortisone for my cat’s skin irritation. I ended up getting a different spray that was antibacterial also, but remembered they had a Liquid Iron because I’m anemic and thought it was interesting. All their products are flavored so they can be added to food.

I’m on it, thank you!