Diabetic Cat And Transfer Factor: Suggestions? Experiences?

Athenaglaukopis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there,
I got a newly diagnosed diabetic 10 year old, overweight kitty.
I don’t need anymore info about food, insulin, etc, (god knows this fantastic on unity has amazing stickies and members that have given me soooooo much amazing info and feedback, I cannot thank you enough,)
I have all my kitties on transfer factor for cats, I mix it with their food. I’ve scouted the internet for info about it on diabetes and nothing.
Does anyone have any feedback about transfer factor and diabetes? Of fIV? ( my other cat which is not diabetic is FIV) and hemp oil on diabetic cats? ( the diabetic kitty can get supper stressed so I give her a few drops when we have to go to vet so she doesn’t get so stressed)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I have no experience with any of this, but I did find a prior thread about Transfer Factor and FIV - involving a member who ( cheeser cheeser ) is still active on this site. Perhaps they can offer more information if they see this post.

I have not yet run across any threads regarding TF and diabetes...

Questions re: Transfer Factor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Athenaglaukopis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. I have no experience with any of this, but I did find a prior thread about Transfer Factor and FIV - involving a member who ( cheeser cheeser ) is still active on this site. Perhaps they can offer more information if they see this post.

I have not yet run across any threads regarding TF and diabetes...

Questions re: Transfer Factor
Thank you! I had already checked that post a couple of weeks ago when I bought the transfer factor, def helpful

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, our Buddy doesn't have diabetes, so I don't know how much help I can be. :wink:

But 4Life Transfer Factor Classic has been helpful for our cat with FIV and FHV, especially when his immune system goes a little berserk.

The weird thing is that the 4Life Transfer Factor Classic by itself only seemed to help so much. And L-lysine and lactoferrin only helped so much. But a cocktail of all three worked out quite nicely. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Athenaglaukopis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, our Buddy doesn't have diabetes, so I don't know how much help I can be. :wink:

But 4Life Transfer Factor Classic has been helpful for our cat with FIV and FHV, especially when his immune system goes a little berserk.

The weird thing is that the 4Life Transfer Factor Classic by itself only seemed to help so much. And L-lysine and lactoferrin only helped so much. But a cocktail of all three worked out quite nicely. :)
I was told about l lysine but not about kactoferrine, what is it for? :)

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told about l lysine but not about kactoferrine, what is it for? :)
Lactoferrin helps to modulate the immune system.

It seems paradoxical that a cat with a compromised immune system can actually have one that's over active. But in Buddy's case, his immune system tends to go a little haywire and starts attacking itself. So lactoferrin helps to quiet it down a bit.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend this old thread: Stubborn herpes infection? Add Lactoferrin in addition to Lysine. That's where I learned about it, and got our vet's blessing to give it a try. :)