Deworming

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having my 4 kittens dewormed tomorrow. I plan on giving them fresh litter boxes and washing all the bedding/floor. Will these be enough to prevent reinfection? :headscratch:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What kind of worms are the infected with. Most dewormers need to be used more than once because the dose kills the adults so when any larvae hatches they will need to be killed also. Is your Vet deworming them? If so, they should give your any follow-up instructions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of worms are the infected with. Most dewormers need to be used more than once because the dose kills the adults so when any larvae hatches they will need to be killed also. Is your Vet deworming them? If so, they should give your any follow-up instructions.
They were dewormed this morning and it droncit. I ask him and he said it should kill the eggs and larvae. He also said that it's just in the environment (which I have read). I was asking because I've read a lot of different things.
Also these kittens are 5.5 months old.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone and Gracie had roundworms when we got them which we didn't know until one of them passed a worm. The vet gave us Profender to administer at home. Only one treatment. Next day, they were pooping out worms. :oops: At the recheck, they were worm free.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They were dewormed this morning and it droncit. I ask him and he said it should kill the eggs and larvae. He also said that it's just in the environment (which I have read). I was asking because I've read a lot of different things.
Also these kittens are 5.5 months old.
So you're good to go then? Sounds like it.