Deworming Cat

Discussion in 'Cat Health' started by ignited-red, Jul 16, 2017 at 9:48 PM.

1. ignited-red

ignited-red TCS Member Young Cat

May 18, 2017
    Hi all,

Just a curious questions, do you deworm your cats regularly? If it is, what time of period you give them?

And also, does it true that you need to change your worming tablets regularly, saying like, do not always give Drontal tablets, perhaps you can give another brand besides Drontal?

Your feedbacks means a lot to me and all of us who read this thread

Thanks, cheers! :)

2. verna davies

verna davies TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 23, 2016
    Wales uk
    I give my cats Drontal every three months as per recommendation. My vet has not told me to change but maybe someone else on the site has more information.

maggiedemi purraised this.
  3. ignited-red

May 18, 2017
    My vet saying that I should change regularly the worming tablets from Drontal to another brand so that my cats won't get immune dose from Drontal. Hmmm...

4. verna davies

verna davies TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 23, 2016
    Wales uk
    Interesting. I will do a little research. Why does everything have to be complicated :livid:

foxxycat and ignited-red purraised this.
  5. _spadekitty

_spadekitty TCS Member Young Cat

May 22, 2017
    I haven't heard of that...my vet just worms cats when they're showing signs of worms.

But my cat is completely indoors so maybe she gives indoor/outdoor owners that advice

ignited-red purraised this.
  6. ignited-red

May 18, 2017
    I haven't heard that kind of statement either. Just heard it from one of my vet here and that makes me confused, that is it true? So far all of my cats did not shown worms symptoms.

Verna Davies, thank you for your help. Hahahaha yes, I wish everything went smooth either. Just want the best for our fur kids right? ;)

foxxycat and verna davies purraised this.