Deworm 4month old kitten

Priya26

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten ocassionally discharges worms in his poop loos like moving rice .. can anyone help with the medicine

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you able to take him to a vet? Panacur is a pretty standard dewormer and it's what we use at the shelter I volunteer for. I think it would probably work for your little guy. That being said, I'd check with a vet just in case. You may need to bring in a stool sample. Hope your little guy feels better soon.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Droncit is a good tapeworm product, however, in the U.S. it requires a prescription from your Vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Priya26

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankyou. Contacted with a vet and he advised to give Skyworm for cats

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
great! Does it need a prescription or can you buy it over the counter?

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever my cats gets a dewormer from the vet they usually give Drontal its a 3 way dewormer,

I never heard of skyworm I hope it helps

Priya26

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I Guess its usually found in India only

Priya26

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can anyone help me with cat fever ? My 3.5month is feeling under the weather had fever n now eats very little. I am scared of pneumonia as it is pretty cold here.

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can anyone help me with cat fever ? My 3.5month is feeling under the weather had fever n now eats very little. I am scared of pneumonia as it is pretty cold here.
If you think your cat might have pneumonia, you need to take him/her to the Vet. This can be very serious and would presumably require antibiotics. Additionally, even if it isn't pneumonia, if he has a fever lasting for more than 24 hours, OR if it's higher than 104 degrees F he should see a Vet.

In the mean time, try to keep him cool (not cold) by letting he lay on perhaps a tile floor and give him plenty of cool water or childrens pedialite to drink. keep him hydrated. Is he showing any other symptoms other than a fever? Any congestion? If so, that may be why he isn't eating much. If he can't smell, he won't eat. If that's the case, try getting something really stinky, like wet fishy cat food and heat it up slight to make it stink worse. He might be able to smell it that way. Also, try putting him in a bathroom with the shower running on hot water to create a steam bath for him. Don't get him wet, just put him in the room so he can breathe in the steam for several minutes.