Devil kitten

Christin_79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I did a thing.. I have two nursing mama kitties with litters 6 days apart. Yes Im going to stop littering and spay them both. I noticed in the younger litter the kittens are fussier, always fighting and never seem well rested long. So I weighed them thinking maybe its a nourishment thing. All the kittens weighed between 206g to 210g at 9 days old. Except one who weighed in at 230g! This little girl has been a bully from day one! Loud, obnoxious and greedy lol. So I put her with the litter 6 days older then her. My thought was she couldn't bully them so easily and she'd probably hold her own if they picked on her. The mom doesn't care. The other mom doesn't mind at all and her former littermates seems alot calmer. Moms are sisters and nurse each other's kittens anyway. Did I do the right thing or was this a mistake?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds fine, as long as everyone is nursing well and getting what they need. It’s not uncommon for two related moms to share kitten nursing duties. Sound like a win to me! Glad you plan to spay both moms after kittens wean. Best of luck to you and keep us posted!