Devastating Diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanimal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 4 year old Apollo, has FIP. after 4 trips to the vet, diagnosis of first UTI then shots, blood work, one good vet visit where we were told all was normal ( Thursday), rushed him back in today for increased lethargy and urinating dark orange and after an ultrasound showed fluid on abdomen, vet told us she is 70% he has FIP. Fluid was yellow and viscous. Blood test showed no protein in fluid so she wouldnt say she 100% sure it is FIP but her gut is telling her it is. GAve him another steroid sot and if he doesnt make a "miraculous" recovery in 2 days or gets worse, we have to put him to sleep. I posted another thread about his 17 day journey so far, but wanted to update everyone on the turn things took. Devastated is not the word...my whole world is upside down. He is eating and drinking, but cant walk too far. In quarantine from the others now . Cant wrap my head around having to say goodbye to a cat who two weeks ago was so full of life and love and fun. Heart is broken.

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am deeply sorry to hear this and cant quite put together any words that will ease the shock and pain you must be feeling.   However at this time you need to focus on being strong for yourself and Apollo so you will be able to do whatever is necessary and to think clearly.    Easier said than done - I know.   Please read some other threads here from people who went thru a similar situation with this disease.   It might help to give you ideas and share the load.

God bless

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry.  I really hate this disease.  Nothing can be done to prevent or cure it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hanimal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Apollo was put to sleep today peacefully in his Daddy's arms. FIP was confirmed by a second vet. Ill miss my baby always, but we had to let him go. He would have suffered if we didnt. This began on January 3rd and it is now Jan 21st. He went through too much. He was 4 years old and Im just devastated, but will see him again one day. I do believe that. 

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im really sorry for your loss.  Apollo is resting in a better place and without pain.   Thanks for giving him a loving home - there are many cats not so lucky as he in that regard.   You did your best and there was nothing else could be done.    Hope your heart heals soon in the coming days.   Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.