Devastated...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SnugglesAnn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought about keeping her here, inside and where my other cats cannot knock her over. But that is only her body, she is in Heaven. The ashes would only remind me of what she hated most...being couped up and not free. All of our animals we have had burials for, even when they needed to be cremated since there are so many now. It has always helped me to be able to honor them in that way, burying them along with their favorite toys. There is a sense of closure for me as well and a time for me to show that I freely let them go to Heaven now. Each person of course is different in how they feel about the ashes and I know that many are comforted having them remain with them. I believe if they are loved and honored, either way is special.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got Patch's ashes back this morning. I think there was still a little part of me that hadn't accepted that he is gone until this morning when I got that little wooden box with his name plate on it. I live in an apartment so I will be keeping his ashes unless I find a very special place to spread his ashes.

SnugglesAnn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We buried her ashes this afternoon under the oak tree at my mom's house. There was a ray of sunshine coming through the trees that helped me choose just the right spot. It is so peaceful there. Got me thinking that perhaps I would like to be buried there as well. My niece drew a beautiful picture of her that I will always cherish.

Attachments

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have two of my beloved cats' ashes here at the house but I never got a nice "urn" for the ashes and they are still in the crappy plastic containers the crematory gave them to me in. I really want to get something nice now, for them and for me. I have each cat's favorite toy on top. I think it would be nice to bury or scatter them but I don't know where. I have a house but I hate this neighborhood and when I move one day it will kill me to know I've left my pets ashes here. I know that is silly because they are in heaven but...yeah. I always found getting the ashes back somewhat of a comfort. It is painful though. And it does remind you; brings it all back. But it also makes me feel that I will never be driving back to the vet with this particular cat, who was ill, who is now in heaven feeling so much better and waiting for me.

SnugglesAnn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm struggling this morning. Can't help but think if that hole had been repaired maybe that growth at the bottom of her mouth would not have occurred. Even called the vet back to talk about it and her response didn't make me feel much better. She said that once it gets in there (whatever was causing the growth) there is not much to stop it and most likely no matter what we would have done, it probably would have just been too much for her. What if though that hole had been repaired? I have read where some have been repaired only to open back up or create larger holes. If we had of seen that hole, would I have put her through additional surgeries? I don't know. I just don't know. Today marks one week since I had to let her go. I miss her so much.

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
SnugglesAnn, I am struggling today too thinking about what if I had done this or that. I've created a timeline in my mind of the past several months, maybe things I should have paid more attention to than I did.
Well, what your vet tells you is probably true. I just don't know if these cats have continued procedures if they will thrive or have quality life. You know what I mean? And I hear from so many friends who went ahead and had surgeries done on their pets only to bring them home and they die in a few days or weeks, their life is not good as they recover. I think in time we all come to terms with how things happened and how we said goodbye and like the grief, it will weaken. I really have no words of comfort for you except to say I know how you feel about all of this and the second guessing. I'm not going to tell you, don't feel this way, because I have no right to do that. But from what I read, my gosh, you really went above and beyond for your sweetheart. So many folks wouldn't have gone as far as you did. You were the best mom. You really were.
Sending you hugs....

SnugglesAnn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Timmer....just thank you. You are my angel this morning.

SnugglesAnn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thinking of you as well. :)