Determining Kittens colouring!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She also said that she doesn’t carry any solid, or cp.
Not having solid or colorpoint in the pedigree isn't the same as not carrying solid or colorpoint. If the breeder said that she might produce "some seal pointed, some golden shaded, seal lynx point, chinchilla point" etc., this is not consistent with saying she doesn't carry solid or colorpoint... because in order to produce seal point kittens, she would need to carry both solid and colorpoint :)

If you want to know for SURE what she can produce before getting her, you would need to do a DNA test. But if you would be happy with any of these colors, it's not really needed. If bred to a seal point male, all of her kittens will definitely carry both solid and colorpoint anyway.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your response!! The golden female is definitely chinchilla, from what I understand it’s the green eyes and black paws that sets it apart from a golden shaded? As well as that’s what the breeder has told me she is.
Both shaded and chins have black paw pads and green eyes. Check out the breed standard. Both should have rose colored nose leather. It is the amount of tipping that is present on the cat, and sometimes it can be difficult to determine( even for the cat show judges). In the first photos she does seem to be a chin, but it isn’t really clear enough to be 100%. In the kitten photo she is definitely a shaded golden. Just an FYI with some Golden’s coloring depends on age and season. I had a cat who the breeder registered as a chin, I showed and titled her as a chin. The next season, I had to re register her as a shaded since she had matured - and we had to start all over!