Describing Burdock's color

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that Burdock isn't any special breed- he started out as a feral that we adopted. What I would like to know is how to describe his coloration, as he has stripes, swirls, and a few spots, so I thought to ask those who would be better versed in the terminology than I.
IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0187.JPG

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He's adorable! I agree with amethyst amethyst that his coloring is brown classic tabby. Some other names for this pattern are marbled- or bullseye tabby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's adorable! I agree with amethyst amethyst that his coloring is brown classic tabby. Some other names for this pattern are marbled- or bullseye tabby.
It doesn't show in the photos, but when he is standing, it looks like a large horizontal figure '6' or '9' on his sides.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It doesn't show in the photos, but when he is standing, it looks like a large horizontal figure '6' or '9' on his sides.
Those markings are actually what they refer to as a 'bullseye', which as gorgeous as they are, is deemed standard in classic tabbies. I was amazed when I learned that, as it does seem so unique.