Describe Your Favourite Movie.....

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
107666971_2116941475097791_1958118088191166925_o.jpg

(Like many others I of course have more than one fave, so here goes!)

A paleontologist visits a park with lot's of dinosaurs

Two detectives from different parts of the world go find a politicians kid somewhere

Girl dresses up as a boy and goes to war with a pet reptile and horse

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't come up with the first one but it works...
1. A group of grown men try to return a piece of jewelry.
2. A group of Dwarves, a hobbit, and a wizard travel to a mountain to get a stone.
3. A group of kids discover a really big wardrobe.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
This one is not mine,

A young girl is transported to an unusual landscape where she kills the first person she meets. Then teams with three strangers to kill again.

Last edited:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A woman is in love with her cousin who rejects her and marries another. She promises to take care of his sick wife if he should not return from war.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not actually have a favorite movie, but here are a few that I enjoy more than others.
1) Married playwright falls in love with a woman who dressed as a man to be part of his play and who is engaged to a bore.
2) Woman forced to confess to a murder she did not commit spends thirteen years in prison before getting her vengeance.
3) Big city peace officer transfers to a small village where he finds high crime and friendship.
4) A small group of journalists investigates a man who put an ad in the newspaper.
5) An Indian couple in an arranged marriage fall in love with each other after filing for divorce and competing in a traditional game for newlyweds.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1) Two brothers play music to prevent the foreclosure of the church orphanage they grew up in.
2) American fishing tour guide becomes involved with revolutionaries while also spending a lot of time smoking cigarettes in a hotel bar
3) Two New York cops investigate a construction site with no scaffolding permits and uncover a large ponzi scheme
4) A truck driver and his restaurateur friend fight an old man over the kidnapping of women with green eyes

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
A bunch of men do illegal things to become wealthy, call themselves "families".
Originated in Sicily.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is that Big Trouble in Little China? I have not seen that since I was in my teens!
Yep! Haha it's one of my all-time favorites. I heard that the Rock was planning on making a new one (not a remake, supposedly, probably like what he did with Jumanji)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
A man lives in a disgustingly filthy house, sells the fat from liposuction surgery
to manufacture face cream, has a club but no one can talk about it.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is the title? It sounds good!!
I have seen it called both "Lady Vengence" and "Sympathy for Lady Vengence," depending on the interpretation. It is my favorite of Park Chan-wook's Vengence Trilogy, which includes "Old Boy" and "(Sympathy for) Mr. Vengence." (He also did "The Handmaiden," which is pretty fantastic, too, although I prefer "Sympathy of Lady Vengence." If you do not mind subtitles or can speak Korean, you should watch it! It can be upsetting at times, so be warned. I may not have a singular favorite film; however, "Sympathy for Lady Vengence" is my favorite foreign language film without a doubt.

Fun fact: There is a perfume called "Lady Vengence" by Juliette Has a Gun named for the character and the film. It smells beautiful in the bottle and on my daughter, but, sadly, it does not smell right on me.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen it called both "Lady Vengence" and "Sympathy for Lady Vengence," depending on the interpretation. It is my favorite of Park Chan-wook's Vengence Trilogy, which includes "Old Boy" and "(Sympathy for) Mr. Vengence." (He also did "The Handmaiden," which is pretty fantastic, too, although I prefer "Sympathy of Lady Vengence." If you do not mind subtitles or can speak Korean, you should watch it! It can be upsetting at times, so be warned. I may not have a singular favorite film; however, "Sympathy for Lady Vengence" is my favorite foreign language film without a doubt.

Fun fact: There is a perfume called "Lady Vengence" by Juliette Has a Gun named for the character and the film. It smells beautiful in the bottle and on my daughter, but, sadly, it does not smell right on me.
I don't mind subtitles at all, upsetting as in a lot of violence or torture? I don't do torture