Dental Treats Available In Asia

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Usually I can find a lot of "western" stuff like food and similar here, but I couldn't find any of the dental treats recommended on the forum.

Can anyone recommend some good Asian dental treats for cats?

I tried it with the raw chicken wings a couple of times, but the poor guy has no idea what to do with them.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I still wouldn’t waste money on dental treats, they don’t really work. You can try raw chicken gizzards or brushing teeth.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not aware of dental treats in Asia (I just did a couple of searches), but it does look like you can get Plaque Off dental supplement from Amazon. At least, both Amazon.in and Amazon.cn stock it. I use it for my guys, as tooth brushing is too much of a struggle with my ex feral girl. It works pretty well, as far as I can tell, anyway :)

Plaque Off is a powder formula that you mix into the wet food each day. My guys accept it with no problem, provided I make sure to give it in a strong tasting or favourite food ;) I think only needing a tiny amount per day helps too. I prefer it to dental treats, as it doesn't have the fillers and other less-than-ideal (imo) ingredients that many dental treats contain. Hope this helps :crossfingers:

tabbytom tabbytom and Norachan Norachan may have more suggestions, as they're in your part of the world.

Alternatively, you could consider brushing your guy's teeth. Ideally, you'd use cat toothpaste, but even dry 'brushing' with a kitty toothbrush, or even a scrap of facecloth wrapped around your finger, will do a pretty decent job of cleaning his teeth ;)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hmmmm.......I'm not so sure about dental treats as I don't give my boy any treats of any kind.. I've not brush his teeth before but I wipe his teeth occasionally with a soft damp tissue.

There are several brands over here but I'm not sure it does really work as my boy has not tried any.

Or you can use Plaque Off as Columbine Columbine mentioned. Just mix a little with the wet food. I may try this on me boy in the future.

Maybe you can look into these brands (not sure if it's available where you are or order them from Amazon) :-
Greenies Cat Dental Treats
Purina DentaLife Chicken Cat Dental Treats
Beaphar Cat Treats Dental Bits
Hartz Dentist's Best Dental Treats for Cats

*Disclaimer : I'm not endorsing these brands. I'm just doing a search for TS ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think brushing is an option with my wild brat, but that powder sounds good. I'll give it a try. Thanks for your replies :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, none of mine would tolerate me brushing their teeth. They're all very wild.

:lol:

I have a few toys like these for them to chew. Not this brand, but they look very similar

They're covered with coarse sisal string or netting and filled with catnip. The cats like to chew them and the toy cleans their teeth.

Not sure where you are in Asia, but if you're in Japan try looking on Rakuten Online. They're usually cheaper than Amazon Japan.