Dental Extractions - concerns after surgery

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you ask the vet for some Hills A/D? It’s highly appealing wet food, very smooth pate. Should be really easy for him to eat. It’s formulated for getting sick and old cats to eat when they don’t feel like it. I recommend mixing it with his regular food just as soon as he will accept a mix. Feed it straight first because exceptional times require exceptional measures. But if he likes it and once he’s eating again, try to mix his old food back in. The reason is because the A/D is quite rich and he probably won’t eat enough of it. But it’s also not meant to be a forever food. You don’t want to get him hooked on the stuff so that he won’t eat anything else.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I tried wetting the freeze dried chicken treats just enough to soften. He doesn’t want anything to do with them! He’s alway been a very picky eater. Likes his food, but doesn’t like anything different. Anything new and he’ll let it sit there all day until dinner time. I’ll try wetting his dehydrated raw tonight and see what he thinks. Thanks!
Since he didn't like his treats softened with a drop or two of water, I'm guessing it'll be the same with his food. Perhaps I wasn't clear, but I was meaning with his food NOT to add any water but simply to break it up into small(er) chunks and let him eat them without hydration. If they are small enough he won't need to actually chew them.