Dementia?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She seems to be doing better. She went to the vet on Saturday and they gave her another shot. She is doing things she's not done in a while - begging for food, moving around a bit more, laying next to the vents, etc...so it's been a nice change. I am getting Fleabusters delivered today! I have not taken her upstairs at all given that's where the fleas are.

The only negative is she is twitching (facial twitches mainly) which is not new but the severity seems to come and go.
So glad and grateful for the improvement in her wellbeing and her increased interest in food and activities -- and good on you for getting the FleaBusters! Hopefully it will alleviate the problem.
Sometimes my cats twitch when they are dreaming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pearjas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is definitely a different kind of twitch - she does it a lot for example when she's just laying or sitting for example. Never really figured it out but always assumed it might have something to do with the kidney function (even though that is said to be stable)

Fleabusters is going to happen this weekend. Luckily the fleas are only in the carpeted area of the house so she is staying downstairs and she seems to be doing really well. The vet did not do blood work on Saturday (was kind of surprised). She goes back again on november 9.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am glad your girl is doing better! If you are not treating the downstairs non-carpeted surfaces, you probably should consider doing so. If she had fleas on her at any time she was downstairs, eggs would have fallen off of her and can hatch on non-carpeted surfaces as well. You can buy an IGR product to spray the downstairs, after a thorough vacuuming of course. Between the vacuuming and the IGR spray, it should help to take care of any eggs/pre-adult fleas that might be down there that haven't hatched yet. And, her Frontline should take care of those that do. I use a spray in my house, but make sure that Feeby isn't in that area until it dries - which it does pretty quickly. If you are using Frontline Plus that will help with the eggs/pre-adult fleas as well, but it is always recommended that you use an IGR in the environment too.

In case you didn't get this before, below is a link to a web site that you can use for reference regarding everything you ever wanted to know (or, what you don't) about fleas - and how to get rid of them. Hope this helps, and that she continues to improve!

FleaScience

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is definitely a different kind of twitch - she does it a lot for example when she's just laying or sitting for example. Never really figured it out but always assumed it might have something to do with the kidney function (even though that is said to be stable)

Fleabusters is going to happen this weekend. Luckily the fleas are only in the carpeted area of the house so she is staying downstairs and she seems to be doing really well. The vet did not do blood work on Saturday (was kind of surprised). She goes back again on november 9.
Well, wise people have always said, "Don't borrow trouble" and I believe in that. If her kidneys are said to be stable, bravo! And best of luck with the flea treatments. Bloodwork as well. :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pearjas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has definitely made a complete turnaround...she's back to her old self!!