Being Reviewed Deleted Conversations - Where Does It Go?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Is there a thrash can in Conversations?

I accidentally deleted some PMs :doh: and dont know where they gone to as I cannot find a thrash can and restore deleted messages. Or did I totally missed out this feature somewhere? :headscratch:

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
Is there a thrash can in Conversations?

I accidentally deleted some PMs :doh: and dont know where they gone to as I cannot find a thrash can and restore deleted messages. Or did I totally missed out this feature somewhere? :headscratch:
Hi there, I found this post from one of the Xenforo support engineers:

Leaving a conversation is the equivalent to deleting it from your inbox in other software.
Once all participants have left the conversation, it is removed from the database.
I sourced it here: XF 1.1 - Private Conversations - How to delete?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oooops, no thrash can like emails deleted to thrash but still retrievable?

I understand by leaving is deleting but.....:frustrated:

Can include a thrash can so that there's hope for accidental deletes?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom , maybe (??) you could contact the other person(s) in the interaction and see if they still have their thread of the convo in their own Conversations section? I think I noticed that there is a Reply option for both our own posts and for other's posts in a conversation... clicking "Reply" puts that text in a quote box, so one could hit Reply for either our own post or the other's post (to quote it). And then maybe the other convo participant could resend each part of the convo thread back to you once again, but as quoted material?? I don't know, though. Just trying to puzzle it out. It's just that if a post in a conversation is not deleted until all parties have deleted their copies, then it makes sense that if they still have their copy of the thread of the convo, copies could be sent back to you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws , yes, if you click reply, whatever Message or conversation you had with the other party is showing or will be shown.
Thought that the deleting part is independent as in what is in your box stays in till you clear and has no link to my box even if I clear them.

The question here is it'll be good that there's a thrash can like our Gmail or hotmail. Messages get deleted and does not show in inbox but it's in the bin till you clear them off. So if you want to restore the deleted msg, it is still there unless you empty the bin and move it back to inbox or archive folder.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought you were simply at a loss in your OP, looking for particular deleted messages in this case. I was addressing that... but yep, if it's a trash can you want to "store" messages out of view for a while -- I see.