DELAYED, prolonged vaccine reaction

Suzsun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Most of the time I think my Sapphire is fully recovered (stacked vaccinations last day of November). However, every once in a while she has a day of returned limping and stiffness. I haven’t given her prescription anti inflammatory in over a week (and then I just gave her 2 doses to try to jump start the recovery again) but have had her on Pet Wellbeing “Comfort Gold” 2x a day, an herbal formula. I did find a study that showed the fluid in the joints from either the Calici virus or the vaccination sometimes still showed up 8 plus months later so I fear this will be an ongoing struggle with the occasional limping.

Nixstr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Most of the time I think my Sapphire is fully recovered (stacked vaccinations last day of November). However, every once in a while she has a day of returned limping and stiffness. I haven’t given her prescription anti inflammatory in over a week (and then I just gave her 2 doses to try to jump start the recovery again) but have had her on Pet Wellbeing “Comfort Gold” 2x a day, an herbal formula. I did find a study that showed the fluid in the joints from either the Calici virus or the vaccination sometimes still showed up 8 plus months later so I fear this will be an ongoing struggle with the occasional limping.

Nixstr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry to hear that. I gave Pistachio the last dose of prednisone today. Will be monitoring closely to see how she is.

Nixstr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry to hear that. I gave Pistachio the last dose of prednisone today. Will be monitoring closely to see how she is.
Best of health and luck to you and Sapphire!

Rico4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear your kitty still has a slight limp still but stay strong, weaning off the medicine will take time and the kitty will have slight relapses but it is best for them to be completely weaned off. Best of luck!