Declawing

swalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Isn't that the truth! I take my kitty to a vet who is very much against declawing and has never and will never perform the procedure.

I have been spreading the word to as many people as I can about declawing. I am proud to say I have turned to die hard declawing fans against it. Unfortunately they are like most people and think it's harmless and a good way to save their furniture. They now have two beautiful little kitties claws and all!!

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the vets should send a video home about the surgery and alternatives. I bet this would change a lot of minds. I just can't figure out why nobody is being educated and it needs to start with Vets!!!

piffert24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my gosh that site is horrible! How sad to see in reality what that actually does. I adopted my cat just a little over a year ago through an animal aid and she has no claws on all four feet. I have no idea who did this to her and then dumped her on the streets with no defense what-so-ever. Now she is an indoor cat. I always thought her paws where really small for her size, now I understand why. She hasn't seemed to have any issues that some of those stories on the website had, but maybe she does. If only cats could talk. Now I feel especially sad for her after seeing that little black cat after surgery in it's bandage wraps. Imagine what my cat Jamie had to go through with all four! It breaks my heart just thinking about it. I hope people realize that cats natural instincts are to scratch and it's not their fault if they claw your furniture. Hopefully more people can adopt these types of cats like myself and at least save the many who get left behind.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm glad she's found a good loving home now. Yeah, the worst thing that can happen to a cat is get declawed and than abandoned! ):