December 2022 Book of the Month Club - Christmas Short Stories 🎄

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since this is an abbreviated book club month, that's it for the December short stories, as well as for the year. As always, the thread will remain open, so if anyone has any additional comments or reviews, don't hesitate to post them.

Thank you to all of you who read and posted reviews of the December short stories, and/or participated in other book club months this year. You guys are what keeps our little TCS book club going, and we really appreciate each and every one of you who takes the time to read the books, and then post your thoughts and reviews on them.

Hope you'll join us again in 2023, beginning in January when everyone has the option to read either one or two books about a cat.

January 2023 Book of the Month Club - Homer’s Odyssey and/or The Cat Who Saved Books 🐈

Both books for January's Book of the Month have arrived - but I'm not opening the parcels till Christmas! :):)
Yay! Glad to see you'll be joining us again in January. :clap:

Wishing everyone a joyous holiday season, and a healthy and prosperous new year.

And for anyone who'd like a recap of the books we read in 2022, here you go:
JAN - A Lion Called Christian
FEB - The Invisible Life of Addie Larue
MAR - The Kite Runner
APR - Louisiana Longshot
MAY - short stories
JUN - And Then There Were None
JUL - In Five Years
AUG - Dracula
SEP - Twenties Girl
OCT - choose your own book
NOV - The Girls in the Stilt House
DEC - Christmas short stories

1671215951581.png

Last edited:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry none of the short stories really connected with you, but it's really hard to find ones that everyone will like.
I don't mean to criticize the selections. They were good choices by well-known authors. And I'm glad I read them. Thanks, rubysmama rubysmama for all that you (and everyone else!) do to make the book club happen.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read one and then there has been a whirlwind of ukulele, euchre, and other things going on and yesterday the last of it, so am settling in today to relax and get things caught up 😁. I will be chiming in.
Not really relevant - but last night I went to a concert in Germany given by The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. The audience was greatly improved by a local amateur group of ukulele players who really appreciated what they were seeing and hearing. An evening well spent - I may even have to get myself an instrument and try to learn to play! :)

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really relevant - but last night I went to a concert in Germany given by The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. The audience was greatly improved by a local amateur group of ukulele players who really appreciated what they were seeing and hearing. An evening well spent - I may even have to get myself an instrument and try to learn to play! :)
I’m going to see them this Spring!