December 2019 Book of the Month Club

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
PLEASE NOTE: Due to December being a busy month for many people, we've decided to re-schedule the reading/discussing of The Mountain Between Us to January 2020. Therefore, there will be no book read/discussion this month.

For December I've chosen The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin. It has been made into a film as well.
We'll discuss it from the 22-28 of December. Hope you enjoy it!
1572861020135.png

This is from Goodreads

When a blizzard strands them in Salt Lake City, two strangers agree to charter a plane together, hoping to return home; Ben Payne is a gifted surgeon returning from a conference, and Ashley Knox, a magazine writer, is en route to her wedding. But when unthinkable tragedy strikes, the pair find themselves stranded in Utah's most remote wilderness in the dead of winter, badly injured and miles from civilization. Without food or shelter, and only Ben's mountain climbing gear to protect themselves, Ashley and Ben's chances for survival look bleak, but their reliance on each other sparks an immediate connection, which soon evolves into something more.

Days in the mountains become weeks, as their hope for rescue dwindles. How will they make it out of the wilderness and if they do, how will this experience change them forever? Heart-wrenching and unputdownable, The Mountain Between Us will reaffirm your belief in the power of love to sustain us.

Last edited by a moderator:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've read it, and really enjoyed it. I don't normally read the same book twice, but I will quickly reread it, so I'll be able to join the discussion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I hope everyone likes it. The first one I chose wouldn't have gone over big. ;)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The following has been added to the first post in this thread, but making a new post as well to ensure everyone sees it.

PLEASE NOTE: Due to December being a busy month for many people, we've decided to re-schedule the reading/discussing of The Mountain Between Us to January 2020. Therefore, there will be no book read/discussion in December 2019.

We hope you will join us in the new year when we resume our Book of the Month reading/discussions. Everyone is welcome.

1574452956161.png

1574452834455.png
1574452998942.png

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear it. I bought it from Amazon. I was looking through it and read the questions at the end,
then ended up reading the last few pages, couldn't help myself! ruby was mad at me, ha!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, funny thing, but I don't recommend reading the questions and/or the last few pages of the book before you read the rest of it, you know like Mia6 Mia6 did. :catman:

T Texaskitty : glad to hear you're reading it. Looking forward to hearing your review/thoughts in January.

Anyone else reading this thread, do consider joining us in January. Perhaps you can make it a New Year's resolution to read a book a month, and you can start with The Mountain Between Us. :read:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm getting excited to read The Mountain Between Us because it's close to Christmas.
Knowing that it ends well[ and takes place in the snow makes kind of a Christmas book./SPOILER]

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone reading The Mountain Between Us? I'm trying to hold off till January.