Death Of One Of My Cats.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haven't been on here for a while ,got some sad news .
Jet ,one of my black cats was run over and killed .
Been over 30 years since i was in tears over the death of a cat .

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sad and I know how you feel. Our beloved Poppy was also run over last year and we still can't quite believe it. She was my wife's soul cat so we both realise the pain you're in at the moment. It will ease in time but we never forget the love they gave us.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't been on here for a while ,got some sad news .
Jet ,one of my black cats was run over and killed .
Been over 30 years since i was in tears over the death of a cat .
I'm very sorry to hear about Jet's passing davidc59 davidc59 . May you find comfort and the strength to cope. :alright:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love is stronger than death, and so survives forever. Love cannot stop death from coming but it triumphs in the end because of our memories and feelings. Death can end a life but never the relationship you had for each other. But most of all remember "death cannot take that which never dies, your love".
It hurts when they leave us, especially in such a senseless, untimely manner. Our hearts can't process the fact that they are gone, and the emptiness in our homes is unending. Jet was living as he wanted, outside in his domain, free and happy, in the present as all cats do. The bond of love you have with that sweet boy will tie your souls together forever. Your memories of him in happier times will eventually bring you comfort, especially when you realize that he would want you to go on into the future and find the happiness and joy that he always sought, that he received each and every day on his adventures. He loves you too much to want anything different. Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go. Send him thoughts and prayers of joy, of happiness in living, not the sadness and tears that bring darkness and grief. That is how he lived his life, and that is how he'll find peace in death.
He followed along on your life's journey for a little while, now he follows a new path. But he will always be near, and having him in your life was a blessing, to have never known him at all would be unthinkable. He leaves you a legacy. He taught you to open your heart and would like nothing more than for you to pass on that legacy, to gather loves into your heart, like a mother gathers her children near. Each one adding to the completeness of your very being. Each one unique and irreplaceable.
My heart goes out to you, I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself......RIP beautiful Jet. You will never be forgotten, you will forever hold a place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
That is terrible, I am sorry that this happened. We are deathly afraid of any of ours getting outside for fear of things like this happening, but they have it so good inside I doubt they'd even want to try to escape.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven":rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,thanks for all the kind words ,i still tear up sometimes and i feel guilty about what happened .

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Jet, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

I am so very sorry. My heart with yours.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the kind words ,getting them all in now as soon as it gets dark ,or sooner .
I live in a small village only one road in ,the same road leads out .There is a T junction at the bottom of the road ,it has a 30 MPH limit ,but some of the speeds they drive along it is crazy .
In fact last year a speeding driver crashed into the digital slow down sign .

Jet used to jump up on to the counter and meow and **** his head to one side when he was hungry or wanted some fuss .

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Use your precious memories of Jet for comfort, time is the only thing that helps. Maybe you can erect a sign that says "Please slow down, speed kills what someone else loves" or something to that effect. I know seeing those small white crosses that are erected at the site of an accident that has killed someone, makes me more vigilant. I will pray for you both, you are already in my thoughts.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
davidc59 davidc59 -- The words, "I am so sorry for your loss" are only that -- words. But I am. No words can change what has happened. No wishing can, either. Know if you can that Jet does NOT blame you in any way -- a cat's love and loyalty are unconditional and eternal, as you probably know! -- and he is watching over you now from a place you can't even imagine the beauty of, safe, Loved, and knowing he will reunite with you again in due time, never to part.
I also believe strongly in keeping cats indoors, but all the cats who are not indoors are loved by me, too, and no matter what we do, we can never guarantee that every one of them will be safe from the many dangers that exist outside the door -- and even inside, in some cases. We cannot know why things happen as they do. What we CAN do is love with all our hearts, do the very best we can for our loved ones, and know they know we are doing so. di and bob di and bob put it so eloquently in their post.
May you find comfort in the love of the rest of your family who look so wonderful! and in sweet memories of Jet until you are together once again.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
davidc59 davidc59 -- The words, "I am so sorry for your loss" are only that -- words. But I am. No words can change what has happened. No wishing can, either. Know if you can that Jet does NOT blame you in any way -- a cat's love and loyalty are unconditional and eternal, as you probably know! -- and he is watching over you now from a place you can't even imagine the beauty of, safe, Loved, and knowing he will reunite with you again in due time, never to part.
I also believe strongly in keeping cats indoors, but all the cats who are not indoors are loved by me, too, and no matter what we do, we can never guarantee that every one of them will be safe from the many dangers that exist outside the door -- and even inside, in some cases. We cannot know why things happen as they do. What we CAN do is love with all our hearts, do the very best we can for our loved ones, and know they know we are doing so. di and bob di and bob put it so eloquently in their post.
May you find comfort in the love of the rest of your family who look so wonderful! and in sweet memories of Jet until you are together once again.

Hi thanks ,it is not possible to keep my cats in 24/7 ,i have thought about making the back garden escape proof .
But hunger brings them in before it gets too dark ,but it was gone 11.30 pm before Callie (Callico cat) came in last night .
The cats like to sit and look at me just a few ft away from the front door ,when i make a move towards them they run off ,Feline idea of a joke i suppose .
But Misha the Tuxedo cat lies to be carried in .

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi thanks ,it is not possible to keep my cats in 24/7 ,i have thought about making the back garden escape proof .
But hunger brings them in before it gets too dark ,but it was gone 11.30 pm before Callie (Callico cat) came in last night .
The cats like to sit and look at me just a few ft away from the front door ,when i make a move towards them they run off ,Feline idea of a joke i suppose .
But Misha the Tuxedo cat lies to be carried in .
Our last location was a hectare of land in the high desert. We had a barn compound which we put cat fencing on and so they were secure. They had two barn stalls (12'x12' each) as well, which we were outfitting to be very comfortable for them. Catios are another good idea for security for cats who want to go outdoors.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi ,had to Google Catios as i had never heard of them ,i think that would be a better idea than trying to escape proof the garden .
Of course i would built it myself .
I don't think they are in much danger in daylight ,it is night time when most cats are
run down .

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi ,had to Google Catios as i had never heard of them ,i think that would be a better idea than trying to escape proof the garden .
Of course i would built it myself .
I don't think they are in much danger in daylight ,it is night time when most cats are
run down .
You can obtain cat fencing instructions online, and even plans for various sizes of cat enclosures. Building yourself is great -- that's what my ex and I always did. There used to be a site called http://www.catioshowcase.com where many catios were, uh, showcased, including ours and our barn compound, but I don't think it's up right now.
There are so many other dangers besides cars and I'm always very glad when I read that someone wants to care for their cats enough to keep them safe. Thank you.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can obtain cat fencing instructions online, and even plans for various sizes of cat enclosures. Building yourself is great -- that's what my ex and I always did. There used to be a site called http://www.catioshowcase.com where many catios were, uh, showcased, including ours and our barn compound, but I don't think it's up right now.
There are so many other dangers besides cars and I'm always very glad when I read that someone wants to care for their cats enough to keep them safe. Thank you.
Hi ,thanks for the info .

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi ,thanks for the info .
Wish the site was up but my dear online friend who owns it is undergoing some important issues right now. Here are a couple of pix, though they don't help in the how-to dept:
IMG_0674.JPG
IMG_0675_2.JPG
IMG_0677_2.JPG
IMG_0678.JPG
IMG_0680_2.JPG
IMG_0058.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG
IMG_1282.JPG

The last 3 are of the catio. The others are the barn compound.

davidc59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wish the site was up but my dear online friend who owns it is undergoing some important issues right now. Here are a couple of pix, though they don't help in the how-to dept: View attachment 246824 View attachment 246825 View attachment 246826 View attachment 246827 View attachment 246828 View attachment 246829 View attachment 246830 View attachment 246831
The last 3 are of the catio. The others are the barn compound.
Hi ,wow they are great ,thanks for the photos .