Dear, Sweet Sunny Has Crossed The Bridge

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Sunny came to the sanctuary where I volunteer about two years ago. They estimated him at about nine years old, but I’ve had cats for 45 years, and this guy was more like 14 or 15. He had been dumped with a feral colony, probably because he was old and had health problems. But Sunny adored humans, all humans. Whenever I’d come into the FIV+ room, he’d immediately jump down from whatever chair he had claimed, and he’d make a beeline for me, talking and purring. He had the sweetest high-pitched voice, and true to the Siamese forebears somewhere in his background, he was a talker. He’d wait for me to sit down, and he’d climb into my lap, put his head against me, and purr nonstop. He loved groups of people, too, and would revel in the attention.

Sunny had an ultrasound about a year and a half ago, and he was riddled with tumors. Amid the fluids and meds, though, he never stopped purring. And he continued to stand his ground to the other FIV+ kitties in his group home. He didn’t pick fights, but he also didn’t take any nonsense from the other cats.

They moved him into the house where the offices and intern living spaces are located about four weeks ago. He spent his last weeks with constant human companionship. I last saw him a week ago. I sat on the floor by his chair and spent 30 minutes with my arms wrapped around him while he lay on the seat, singing softly to him while he held his face against mine and purred.

The staff helped Sunny gently cross the Bridge on Wednesday. It was his time.

Beautiful Sunny with the flame point markings and gorgeous blue eyes, just as gorgeous as his personality. Sweet boy. You were loved.

EE5EF4A1-412C-4526-BF5B-3104B9543918.jpeg

814791CF-AB5A-4E17-BA8F-B36C1EF7CA38.jpeg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
It is ok, Sunny. Rest in eternal peace, beautiful boy. Your light will continue to shine to those who need warmth and comfort. Go and run to an endless field of grass and blooms. You will be missed.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad your sanctuary helped him and showed him love in those last years, he deserved it. There are so many like him out there, unwanted, unloved,.... it breaks my heart to think about it.
Sweet Sunny is at peace now, he knows he lives on in your, and many other hearts. His life may have been troubled and hard, but his last two years were full of love and care, and I bless you for that. It's so hard to go on caring for these lost ones when we lose one, but I know your loving heart is big enough for all that come, and you will give each and every one a place in it. Thank you for giving him what he so desperately needed most....someone to love him.
RIP beautiful Sunny. You will not be forgotten, you will forever live on in a heart that cared. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that he left us but grateful that he had you and the others to show him love and how wonderful things could be, he is happy and healthy now, no more tumors or any problems, just fine, and you will see his sweet face again someday and it will be wonderful. Thank you for taking such good care of him right up until the end but it isn't the end but a new beginning as he is on to the next life.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your hearts heal a bit more each day, he will surely be remembered for a very long time, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunny came to the sanctuary where I volunteer about two years ago. They estimated him at about nine years old, but I’ve had cats for 45 years, and this guy was more like 14 or 15. He had been dumped with a feral colony, probably because he was old and had health problems. But Sunny adored humans, all humans. Whenever I’d come into the FIV+ room, he’d immediately jump down from whatever chair he had claimed, and he’d make a beeline for me, talking and purring. He had the sweetest high-pitched voice, and true to the Siamese forebears somewhere in his background, he was a talker. He’d wait for me to sit down, and he’d climb into my lap, put his head against me, and purr nonstop. He loved groups of people, too, and would revel in the attention.

Sunny had an ultrasound about a year and a half ago, and he was riddled with tumors. Amid the fluids and meds, though, he never stopped purring. And he continued to stand his ground to the other FIV+ kitties in his group home. He didn’t pick fights, but he also didn’t take any nonsense from the other cats.

They moved him into the house where the offices and intern living spaces are located about four weeks ago. He spent his last weeks with constant human companionship. I last saw him a week ago. I sat on the floor by his chair and spent 30 minutes with my arms wrapped around him while he lay on the seat, singing softly to him while he held his face against mine and purred.

The staff helped Sunny gently cross the Bridge on Wednesday. It was his time.

Beautiful Sunny with the flame point markings and gorgeous blue eyes, just as gorgeous as his personality. Sweet boy. You were loved.

View attachment 287089
View attachment 287088
Rest in peace sunny..beautiful kitty..:heartshape::grouphug::petcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sunny, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on many hearts forever.

What a lovely boy he was, and is, and will always be. My deepest gratitude to you and the rest of the staff and volunteers who made a home for Sunny, a home where he was happy, and loved. Thank you.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sad story of Sunny cut my breath while I was reading.
He was made to live with humans, but someone didn't want to share their life with his, and they will never know what precious memories they missed.

RIP Sunny, may you find lots of friends to spend your days with.
Thanks to you Tobermory Tobermory and the staff at the sanctuary for giving him the love and the dignity he deserved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
The sad story of Sunny cut my breath while I was reading.
He was made to live with humans, but someone didn't want to share their life with his, and they will never know what precious memories they missed.

RIP Sunny, may you find lots of friends to spend your days with.
Thanks to you Tobermory Tobermory and the staff at the sanctuary for giving him the love and the dignity he deserved.
Thank you for reading Sunny’s tribute, Antonio65 Antonio65 . I knew the members of this community would understand. :redheartpump:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous flamepoint and full of life! I wonder if such a wonderful cat was actually a lost cat who, with the God-given intelligence of a Meezer, found his way to a feral colony and to survival. No matter the history, he was alone and homesick and your sanctuary gave him a loving home. Your memorial was beautifully written and through your words, we were all able to meet and love one of Heaven's newest spirits. I am sure that Sunny still purrs strong and he will be there greeting the newcomers at the other side of The Bridge. :rbheart: :petcat::angel: :itslove::kitty: :catrub::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
What a gorgeous flamepoint and full of life! I wonder if such a wonderful cat was actually a lost cat who, with the God-given intelligence of a Meezer, found his way to a feral colony and to survival. No matter the history, he was alone and homesick and your sanctuary gave him a loving home. Your memorial was beautifully written and through your words, we were all able to meet and love one of Heaven's newest spirits. I am sure that Sunny still purrs strong and he will be there greeting the newcomers at the other side of The Bridge. :rbheart: :petcat::angel: :itslove::kitty: :catrub::vibes:
Thank you. :redheartpump: I always smile when I look at the pictures of him. He was a lovely boy.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunny and beautiful in every way. Your story about him really touched my heart. They don’t have to live in our homes for us to love them and form a deep bond with them. I am so grateful that someone rescued him and brought him to live with such wonderful people. The term sanctuary really applies here. It sounds like it was a very good place for him. You gave him love and he was cared for in the ways he deserved. Thank you and please thank the others who help there. This is how kitties should be sheltered. Sweet rest Sunny. Your light remains with those whose lives you touched.:redheartpump: Including ours.