Dear Ollie,

olliepurrington

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey Mr. Ollie butt. It has been exactly two years today since you showed up on the porch, and one month today since you had to leave us.

I miss you every day and I still haven't found it in me to move most of your things. I think I'm afraid of the empty space they'll leave behind.

The last four months of your life were so hard on both of us. I hated that you were struggling and I spent my days trying everything I could think of to help you, but unfortunately it still wasn't enough. Life is so short and some of us have less time than others, and it can seem so cruel, but I have been trying to remember your time with us as a whole.

The first time I saw you, you were chilling on the porch looking into the kitchen. You looked up at me with your bright green eyes and I fed you some tuna and you said "okay, I live here now."

From then on we were best buds. In those early months I loved sitting on the porch with you in my lap playing phone games while you purred. Once you moved in, you started to fully thrive and relax and play. I would give you belly rubs and sing stupid songs to you off-key and cuddle with you in front of the heater. One of my favorite memories is kicking the soccer stress ball back and forth with you. I hope you have one of those where you are, in fact I'm sure you are probably a famous soccer player in kitty heaven.

You were the sweetest guy. You made me laugh and improved my life and I'm so lucky to have known you, and I'm honored that you chose me to love.

Headbutt. Wink.

I love you so much bud.

Attachments

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
What a marvelous personality. I am sure you made his brief time with you a lot more comfortable & happy that it would have been otherwise. Looks like he really took pleasure in your rose garden. 🌹

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Ollie, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Thank you for sharing your remarkable, beautiful bond with that handsome boy! Wherever in That Place Where All Things Are Known that cats are, my Dad will be. I know Ollie will get plenty of love and playtime until, in the fullness of time, the two of you meet again in joyous reunion.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What a sweetheart! He was so lucky to find someone to care for him for his last few years here.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know he appreciates everything you did for him.

:hugs:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful boy! Don't worry, you will always have his 'essence', what made him truly him, near you for the rest of your life. Love just doesn't disappear when someone we love dies. It has a place and becomes a part of our own soul. Your precious boy will continue to send his love through your wonderful memories. He will always eb as close as your thoughts and prayers.
I, too, couldn't bear to put up my little girl's things after she was killed. It took me months. i even saved the litterbox she last went in. ( I did eventually get rid of that) But life forces us to move forward, we can never go back. now, those things bring me comfort, knowing I shared something very few in this world share with another. A love so deep and complete it is one of this world's treasures. Take care my friend, know your little one and you are being thought of by many today because you shared your thoughts with us.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

olliepurrington

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your kind words everyone ❤

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a handsome boy he was, the color of his eyes is stunning.
And what a lovely tribute you wrote for him, I'm sure he is appreciating it, and is telling his new friends how lucky he was when he knocked at your window that day.
He chose you because he knew you were the best person on this earth who could take care of him, and you didn't disappoint him.
RIP Ollie, hope you have so many balls to play with up there.