Dear Bones,

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My mom texted me all day about you and I told her to catch you. She told me the troopers wanted to kill you. So I met you Saturday and I wasn’t a fan. She gave you a bath and you were so weak. I gave you a dewormer and capstar and she got the ticks off you. We set you up in the bathtub. We kept you warm and fed you. I gave you fluids and cleaned up after your accidents. We learned that you were the sweetest thing at 3lbs as an adult. I promised myself to not get attached because you would have stayed home forever. I took you to the vet for a full checkup and you were too skinny to get blood from. Your future looked bright after your appointment. Your blood work was for another day. We went out and came home to you stiff as a board. Did you have a stroke? You had so many seizures. Were you cold? Did your body give up? We rushed to the vet but it was too late. We held you as the medicine went into your veins. We had to let you go. I had visions of you in our future. I imagined you chunky because you deserved it so much. I only known you for 4 days and it was enough to love you so much. I promised myself to not get attached. I miss you already. Fatten up, I’ll see you again. And to the person who abandoned you: I hate you.
F5BA5C5D-864F-46C8-8477-EB7A94FF3568.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry.

Even though she was only with you for a few days I think those were the best four days of her life. You saved her. Far better to pass away warm and clean with a full belly than alone outside. You showed her love. She left this world with a new name and a family that cared for her.

That meant the world to her.

:hugs:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You were her world at the time, bless you for showing her that their IS love and warmth in this world......
Although it was such a short time, you still connected with her heart. That connection will always be with you and help you to continue to send her love and happiness. You did so much more than most, you cared and tried to help her.
We all wish it could have turned out different, but the world had different plans for that precious little one. Her spirit soars free, no more coldness, no more pain. She thanks you for helping her, for trying, and lives on through you now. She is at peace because she knew your love.
Please accept my sincere condolences on your loss, and what a great loss it is to the world. When you next see the night sky in all it's glory, know her star shines bright because she is filled with your love. Thank you. I'll keep you all in my thoughts an prayers....RIP dear Bones. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry.

Even though she was only with you for a few days I think those were the best four days of her life. You saved her. Far better to pass away warm and clean with a full belly than alone outside. You showed her love. She left this world with a new name and a family that cared for her.

That meant the world to her.

:hugs:
Thank you for your kind words. She was really special.

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You were her world at the time, bless you for showing her that their IS love and warmth in this world......
Although it was such a short time, you still connected with her heart. That connection will always be with you and help you to continue to send her love and happiness. You did so much more than most, you cared and tried to help her.
We all wish it could have turned out different, but the world had different plans for that precious little one. Her spirit soars free, no more coldness, no more pain. She thanks you for helping her, for trying, and lives on through you now. She is at peace because she knew your love.
Please accept my sincere condolences on your loss, and what a great loss it is to the world. When you next see the night sky in all it's glory, know her star shines bright because she is filled with your love. Thank you. I'll keep you all in my thoughts an prayers....RIP dear Bones. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
Thank you for your encouragement. She would have been a great addition to my family.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, how terrible to lose this little love just when it looked like life was getting better.
Thank you for helping this little cat in her time of greatest need.
You may have loved her for only a few days, but that is what they do, get into your heart so quickly. I am so sorry that she was so badly ill (maybe that is why she was abandoned, what an awful thing to do though).
Well done for looking after her for that short time and making sure that she didn't spend her last bit of time on this earth alone and cold and scared. I am sure you will remember this little one and hold her in your heart forever, and she deserves to be in someone's memory and in their heart. Bless you for caring for her and showing her love at the end.

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, how terrible to lose this little love just when it looked like life was getting better.
Thank you for helping this little cat in her time of greatest need.
You may have loved her for only a few days, but that is what they do, get into your heart so quickly. I am so sorry that she was so badly ill (maybe that is why she was abandoned, what an awful thing to do though).
Well done for looking after her for that short time and making sure that she didn't spend her last bit of time on this earth alone and cold and scared. I am sure you will remember this little one and hold her in your heart forever, and she deserves to be in someone's memory and in their heart. Bless you for caring for her and showing her love at the end.
Thank you for your kind words. She will always be remembered. We got paw prints and ashes so she’ll be home soon.

lesleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had to stop and cry after reading about Bones. For both this horrible tragedy and one of the most astounding, selfless acts of love I've ever heard. You and Bones are bonded forever - and there is a special place in heaven for you both.
Mochiandme, what you did for Bones shows us the highest level of humanity. Thank you:angel:

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had to stop and cry after reading about Bones. For both this horrible tragedy and one of the most astounding, selfless acts of love I've ever heard. You and Bones are bonded forever - and there is a special place in heaven for you both.
Mochiandme, what you did for Bones shows us the highest level of humanity. Thank you:angel:
Thank you. I’ll be thinking of her so much and what she could have been.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Miss Bones, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

There is this about cats...they live in Zen Time, an eternal now. What is now is what is, and will always be. Because of you, her world was filled with love, and with comfort. She lived, breathed and had her being wrapped in your love, and in her mind, it was forever. Now, from her home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, she blesses you and sends her love, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Miss Bones, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

There is this about cats...they live in Zen Time, an eternal now. What is now is what is, and will always be. Because of you, her world was filled with love, and with comfort. She lived, breathed and had her being wrapped in your love, and in her mind, it was forever. Now, from her home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, she blesses you and sends her love, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides
Thank you for your encouragement. She will be in my heart and mind forever and ever.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your story sounds very much like mine, when 4 years ago I found a sick cat on the road and took her to the vet and then home
Found a sick cat
where she did 9 days later
Advice on a sick cat

Just like me, you gave this poor little angel the chance to feel love and warmth before he got his set of wings to go to the Rainbow Bridge. It's absurd and unfair, I know, but you were chosen to accomplish this mission, and though it's hard to bear right now, it will give you pride and motivation in the future. You will look back and know that you did what most people would have never done, and this makes you so special.

RIP Bones ❤

thanatos0042

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RIP Bones. I am so sorry for your loss. They always know when they are loved, so even though she had no choice but to go, she didn't go being unloved and forgotten, her spirit will always be a bit with you and you with hers...and one day, you will meet again.

and to whomever abandons these babies to die - even other kinds of babies...the 9 hells can't be hot enough for them to burn in. I only hope karma finds a way to even the score and if not in this life, the next.