Daylight Savings Time

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are they in the truck with you?
Nope. In a box in storage until I get a new place for my amps. I swore I wouldn't get another place I had to be quiet in. Industrial warehousing next! Cops don't show up at 3am there unless they wanna hear something cool! I'll get to blare and just not care!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not every state. Most follow the standard. Arizona and Hawaii don't change time, I think they're on Standard time (well, Hawaii is close to the equator so it doesn't really matter). Florida has decided to stay with DST now, so this was their last change.

Staying on DST would be OK but sunrise after 9 am in the winter doesn't sound so hot, idk. I don't mind changing.
If I'm not mistaken, Alaska also doesn't change

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In postal jargon, a nixie is a piece of mail with a bad address. We used to have a special team of incredible clerks who knew every nook and cranny of the city and much of the USA who would figure out what an address, city or state was supposed to be. They were called Nixie clerks and were the postal clerk elite.
Now THAT was a neat-o little factoid - I had no idea :)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I'm not mistaken, Alaska also doesn't change
From what I can find they still do, for now. . .in 2015 the Senate passed a bill to eliminate DST but the House voted it down. . .they might try again someday. But for now they do.
That far North I'm not sure it matters what you call the hours, lol. It's still light all the time in the summer and dark all the time in the winter.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too many for sure. At least over 12. I actually do not like daylight saving time. I prefer standard but that's because I work mornings and its always dark after the time change.