day after komeres 8th birthday we had to take her to the animal small hosptail as her vets were closed they said she had cystitis

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello - I apologize, I'm not clear as to what that is on the front seat of your car? Can you explain a little more what happened with your cat?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's one of those hard backpack style carriers with a clear bubble window for the cat to look out of.

Was this trip to the vet hospital recently? Is the cat being treated for cystitis now? Do you have specific questions or concerns?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello - I apologize, I'm not clear as to what that is on the front seat of your car? Can you explain a little more what happened with your cat?
hi , thats komeres carry case its a backpack she doesn't like the any other carrying case as it makes her stressed ,we tried the cat backpack and she loves it ,it also has a mesh front instead of the clear plastic bubble and its well vented and has a furry paddled base for comfort ,komere and zues who also has his own too cant wait to go in them lol..
komere is all better now it was cystitis they put her on loxitom which we weren't keen to give her but it worked

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi katocats katocats !

Glad to hear Komeres has recovered.

I wouldn't have been keen to use Loxicom either...with a cat experiencing urinary issues. Yes, it's a wonderful pain controlling drug - but, it needs to be 'flushed' out as soon as possible, because it's toxic to the kidneys. It's excreted in urine only.

Is she still on it? How often do you give it?

The keys to preventing Cystitis are the use of wet foods and the elimination of stress in the cat's environment. (there are lots of practical things that can be done to reduce/eliminate environmental stressors - if you're interested, post back!)

[If you are a reader, there's a good plain-language piece on Cystitis by a wonderful cat Vet....it's in the early part here.]

How old is she/are they now?

You know.............we never reject pics here :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi white shadow komere is 8 she lost her sister ziggy at three year old ,and thats when she started stressing and having issues ,she wouldnt stop looking for he sister and she screamed the place down and she over groomed herself which caused her fur to fall out ,, we got a boy kitten 6 months later and the day zues arrived komere stopped all this ,,,komere doesn't like changes and lately our life has had a few changes and i think this is caused komere to be stressed,, other than that komere is a chill out cat , ,we also dont feed komere dry food ,and komere was only that med for 4 days and we have read up on cystitis ,thanks for all you help