Day 65 no signs of labor

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok we are on day 65 and she is showing NO signs and I mean NO signs of labor.... LOL still sleeping alot, still eating, not really looking for a spot to nest just lays on my bed. no discharge seen, not a ton of licking, isn't even wet down there at all. haven't seen any milk dripping but know you don't always have this before kittens come....

I did feel more kicks last night and quite a few in the same spot, but if I wasn't feeling those and her milk wasn't bagging I would really wonder if she was preg. hahaa.

And we go camping tonight and will be gone from about 5ish tonight till early afternoon on Sun.... UGH I was so hoping she went into labor and had them before we went but dont' see that happening.

My hubby did suggest bringing her with us when I told him I was VERY VERY nervous about her having them with out me here, but I think that would stress her out more and she would have to be in a smaller cat carrier as we don't have a bigger crate besides the one my dog uses when we are camping and our camper door is always being opened and closed so she can't just wander in there..... Guess I will have to come home and check on Sat but hope for no signs as my hubby may be ready to kill me if I am gone from the campground for the whole day..... but wondering if there are no signs if she would be ok till Sun........

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Honestly you can't leave this cat. What if something happens and a kitten gets stuck? She could die. If it were me I would take her and try to keep her as quiet and secluded as possible. I was freaked out just to leave my pregnant cats for a few hours to go somewhere.
I don't know what to say though this is a tricky situation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am close enough that I can come home on Sat to check her and see if there are signs of labor and have a friend that can stop by Sat night to check and see if anything is going on. but I am worried if I take her then I would stress her out even more with being in a strange place with different sounds etc.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats can go from 60 - 68 days - she is probably right on schedule. If you don't know the exact day of mating its a little guesswork in calculating the day they are born. Most of my queens went 63-65 days - one time it went 68 and I was getting worried; but she had them fine

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well she was out March 12th and 13th and I cought her mating on the 13th... so the latest is 65 days. so I know she is on schedule my thing is what to do about this weekend since we will be gone all of day 67 and tonight and part of day 68..... But she isn't licking much and there is NO discharge at all and I have checked every time I go in and i am there for a while so not like she is licking it away before I could see it....

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat Olive showed basically no signs of labor before she went on day 65. She didnt start nesting until right before birth.

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ugh maybe if I am lucky she will have them before we leave???? UGH

I am really starting to panic and not sure if I should bring her or not. but I just have a small cat carrier to keep her in which wouldn't hold a litter box........ dont' have the crate for the puppy yet or I would use that but it is at my sisters 45 min in the opposite direction of where we are going.....

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My only worry is she is most likely not going to wait until day 68. Could you hold off on the camping trip.
Not sure what I would do in your situation.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to relate one story. My queen waited for me to be there before she had the kittens (every litter). One time we were dressed for Easter Sunday church. I went in to check on her before we left.....wound up undressing for church and helping her clean kittens and cut cords!

BTW she had an "Easter" litter as there was all colors - calico, red boys, black kittens

What happens if she goes into labor when you are about ready to leave? Will you cancel the trip? Personally, I'd cancel the trip and stay home. If something would happen when you are away, you'd never forgive yourself!

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
we already have it all paid for as we are seasonal and my kids are looking forward to going and my husband as this is his relaxing time after working 50hrs plus a week and doing yard work after he gets home from work. and at 3 and 5 the kids wouldn't understand why we can't go. they look forward to it from the time we leave on Sun till it is Friday again.

if she was in labor when we were ready to leave I would probably tell hubby to head there with the kids and I will call him when she is done to come back and get me. hahaa.

we will leave around 5-5:30 tonight and I would be back home around 11-12pm tomorrow morning then we can either stop back before the shower or I could have my friend stop in around 5-6pm once she is done working. so she wouldn't be alone for more than 18 hrs. would think some sign would show up in that time....

maybe I should find something to put her in and just take her.....

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If it were me I would just send hubby off with the kids and stay home with her. If she goes into labor and something happens that would be horrible. Alot can happen in 18 hours especially since most cats are only in labor for about 2 hours.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do NOT take a cat ready to deliver with you! I agree with you staying home and hubby/kids going and if you can catch up later you will.

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
how hard is it to take a cats temp???? thinking maybe I should do that to get an idea. if it hasnt' dropped then I know she will be ok till tomorrow when I come to check on her....

also most sites I have found say that they will get restless and start searching for a nesting spot about 24 hrs before and slow down on eating. she still eats every time I go in and start patting her and isnt' restless at all or searching. she just lays on my bed just like she has done for the past week or so. LOL

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mountaindew

how hard is it to take a cats temp???? thinking maybe I should do that to get an idea. if it hasnt' dropped then I know she will be ok till tomorrow when I come to check on her....

also most sites I have found say that they will get restless and start searching for a nesting spot about 24 hrs before and slow down on eating. she still eats every time I go in and start patting her and isnt' restless at all or searching. she just lays on my bed just like she has done for the past week or so. LOL
With some cats it's easy to take a temperature and some will fight you the entire time. Not all cats search for a nesting spot. I've had several fosters that didn't start nesting until minutes before the first kitten arrived. Also, I've had mommas eat during delivery.

I've missed out on so many things sitting around waiting on them to give birth. But I'd rather skip a few things than take the chance of something going wrong while I was gone.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree. You should just stay home, the signs don't tell you anything. One of my cats showed signs that she would deliver any second for a week and the other showed no sign until it happened. One of my cats ate like a glutton all day the day she gave birth and even ate little treats while she gave birth.

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
now day 67. she had a bit of discharge yesterday and a bit more today but no other signs of labor but thinking it will be soon seeing as she has a bit of discharge and she is now 67 days. LOL so should be in the next day or so I would hope!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and she has dropped some it looks like but hard to tell since she was small to start with. LOL

eboneysmomma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, discharge,.. I would be so excited if I seen anything like that, I am still waiting, actually starting to get worried.. May take eboney to the vet Monday. GL.. Still watching your kitty and you in anticipation.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mountaindew

now day 67. she had a bit of discharge yesterday and a bit more today but no other signs of labor but thinking it will be soon seeing as she has a bit of discharge and she is now 67 days. LOL so should be in the next day or so I would hope!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and she has dropped some it looks like but hard to tell since she was small to start with. LOL
What exactly does the discharge look like?

It's not completely normal for there to be discharge over a period of two days. It could be ok, but you need to be sure. Normally there is watery discharge, an hour to 6 hours before birthing starts. This discharge should be clear to opaque in color.

What color is the discharge you saw?

I'm not trying to scare you, but pyometra is a real problem and odd colored discharge over several days is a sign of that.

If you haven't heard of pyometra, google it. The search results will explain what I'm getting at.

If the discharge is clear, or just bright colored blood, she is probably ok and will deliver soon.

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
one of my cats many years ago had pyometra and it isn't anything like that.

I have only seen a few little spots right on her nothing on the bed and nothing "dripping" hard to tell the colour since there wasn't much but like a thick whitish/yellow but not really yellow, had no smell etc. and the kittens are still kicking. from what I have read on here alot of cats had discharge for days before the kittens were born.....

I think she is in the very first parts of labor. she is a bit restless. lays down then gets up and comes over to me meowing, then gets down takes one nibble of food. then back up meowing, lays down for a bit, cleans, then back to me. she went in her box and laid in there for a bit which is the most I have ever seen her in her nesting box.....

I haven't seen any contractions so hopefully they will start soon. but guessing she will have them either tonight or tomorrow with how she is acting but hard to say since she doesn't have any contractions that I have seen yet. LOL