Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community
  1. Rachie1990

Rachie1990 Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Tuesday
    Hello everyone my kitty is day 63 and she's doing well no signs of birth I think , my cat whom is normally affectionate won't let me touch her and is hiding alot could this mean she is at the start of her labour she is eating and drinking though. Thanks in advance

2. Rachie1990

Tuesday
    She's swishing her tail alot and trying to bite it like it's hurting or making her jump could this be a sign of contractions ?

3. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 18, 2017
    Behavioral changes are a sign that labor is nearing. Usually cats become more affectionate, but they sometimes act more reclusive. Have you noticed any milk production yet? That usually starts a day or two before delivery.

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

4. Rachie1990

Tuesday
    No not that I can see she does have two days till 65 since that's the gestation period Ive read I think about every sight to get ready for her birth as I really don't want to be un prepared

5. Sarthur2

Sarthur2 Cat lady extraordinaire Staff Member Advisor

Mar 8, 2015
    Sunny Florida
    Cat gestation can easily go to 68 or 70 days, so your cat is getting close and may be feeling uncomfortable right now.

6. Rachie1990

Tuesday
    No babies still and she has stopped attacking her tail she's still eating and drinking and not showing any signs labour is close nor no milk but there is scabby bits around the area of her nipples

7. abyeb

abyeb Charlie's Purrson Staff Member Forum Helper

Feb 18, 2017
    Keep an eye on her and be patient; the kittens will come when they’re ready. 64 days is the average gestation length for cats, but up to 67 days is still considered normal.

Pregnancy And Delivery In Cats

Is she a Siamese by any chance? They typically have a little longer gestation period.

8. Sarthur2

Mar 8, 2015
    Sunny Florida
    The crusty stuff around her nipples is dried milk. This means her milk is coming in, which means she’s close!

9. lutece

lutece TCS Member Top Cat

Mar 8, 2018
    Crusty flaky stuff around nipples generally isn't dried milk. Cats in late stage pregnancy tend to get dry flaky skin on and around their nipples. In my cats, this normally happens before milk production starts.

It can be hard to predict exactly when a cat will give birth... once you are in the date range, generally you just have to wait and see.

10. Rachie1990

Tuesday
    Hey guys great news she had 4 beautiful little babies she and babies are doing well thank you for all your help 20190613_153711.jpg

Attached Files:

Jewely, ArchyCat, Sarthur2 and 2 others purraised this.

11. Sarthur2

Mar 8, 2015
    Sunny Florida
    Beautiful, healthy looking kittens! :)