darkening under claw

qda1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello people, I've noticed that my cat (2 year old male domestic short hair) has a claw with a dark patch on the underside (left 'index finger'). I've seen it before but I thought it was just dirt/hair caught under there, but now I can see that's not it. Does anyone know what it could be? It doesn't smell and is quite dry, and he doesn't seem to notice it at all. It's just different from all his other claws. Also, there seems to be a slight protrusion at the point marked with an arrow in the second photo. Any thoughts? Could it be fungus? Any help would be much appreciated!

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I can't help you but my cat has that too! I kind of tried to take it out but he wiggles away when I attempt to. I just thought maybe it was dirt too. Hopefully it isn't fungus.

ariameglio

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has that too! I'm really concerned and I don't find any info on it! If you know anything please let me know.

riccardo8990

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has the same and the vet wasn't able to really say what it is :/ Did anyone have an answer on this? Thanks

Toma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know it’s old post and maybe no one would read this.. but my vet said it’s quick that’s exposed. My polydactyl cat has it for all his 22 nails. The vet said it’s nothing I should worry about, but don’t cut it just like normal pink quick. Hope it helps