Darkening Around Nipples And Enlarging.??

Pregnant, if so how far?

• Yes

• NO

• 1 to 2 weeks

• 3 weeks

• 4 to 5 weeks

• 6 to 7 weeks

• 8 weeks

• 9 weeks

Results are only viewable after voting.

BlueDreams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has had a few heat cycles. I didn't witness breeding because my boy is normal a lazy old man in a young body!

Last time I assumed my girl was pregnant but it must of been a heat cycle symptom. Her nipples got darker and slightly enlarged. Wasn't pregnant even tho she was acting like it and nesting. An xray confirmed she was not.

Now nipples are getting a dark circle around the nipples and much more enlarged than last time. From the pictures, what do you all think? If pregnancy, what weeks. Im thinking maybe 30days??? Some nipples have a darker ring circle around the nipple. All nipples look fairly the same.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you purposely breeding your cat? How old is your cat?

Nipples usually pink up around day 21. When did you first notice?

In the picture the nipple appears like she may be pregnant. Time will tell.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats can have "false pregnancies" because their bodies will produce the same hormones after they go through heat as they would if they were pregnant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BlueDreams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is a week later. The dark specks/dots are not dirt by the way. Its like a stain doesn't rub off. From what I was told its from pregnancy. I noticed a week ago as show on the first pictures of this thread.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The dark spots are pigmentation from hormones. How long has it been since she mated?

BlueDreams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nov 15 I checked her belly for signs of pinking. They were tiny and white. She had a heat cycle not too long before I checked her on the 15th of Nov. Maybe 1 or 2 weeks before that. On Nov 26 is when I checked her again, first set of pictures of this thread. Week later(yesterday) I noticed the dots (last pictures uploaded.)

I will take her to the Vet next week or the next. The vet should be able to confirm.

My girl is in a big birthing pen big enough to keep her content and safe incase kittens come sooner then expected, with little box, a birthing box and enough space to relax out of her box.

I think she might be about 6 weeks.

Do the hormone dots show up at a specific time during pregnancy?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is only 6 weeks along, she has quite a bit of time before delivering. I don’t think that she needs to be confined yet. Do you know when exactly she mated?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She sounds more like she may be about 5 weeks. Is her belly rounding yet? Cats begin to show around the fifth week.

Your setup for her sounds fabulous, though I do agree she does not need to be confined yet.

The pigmentation can occur anytime.

BlueDreams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her belly is rounded. Idk if im overthinking it but feels more rounded now than when I first noticed her pinking. I will have to get a picture of her size to share.

BlueDreams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her belly is huge now, very obvious pop belly. She can bearly clean her behind and she normally cleans up perfectly. I had to wipe her clean after some left over BM. She seems to spend less time bending in that direction lately.

Vet visit next week. Will update if I get images of kittens

Oh, and about her birthing pen...I let her out of her birthing pen but she seems to meow for me to let her back in after a short time, seems to be her safe place. :)

Attachments