Dark spots on skin

Olfa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
So I've been treating my cat of ringworm for more than 3 weeks now. He had just one black circle on his chest and I think it's healed now. I applied the cream on wherever I thought it might be ringworm. As Iwas examining him I found dark spots on his skin (near his ears and his ears). It's like discoloration of the skin. Usually he's white under his fur. Now on his ear I can see those dark spots. I can't remeber whether this was his natural color or maybe he has developed an allergy to some meds. He hasnt been able to touch or scratch his ears because I used a cone to stop him from liking the ringworm ointment. Find the pictures attached. I really need some help here because the vets where I am are so unreliable. None was able to explain his situation. Your feedback and help is much appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think this is cat acne. Have you tried using a q-tip/water/gentle cat cleanser to clean any if it off?
It could just be dirt clogged in some pores in his ears. I'd try to clean his ears out first and see if that helps.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, do clean them gently. However, many cats, especially dark cats, can and do develop dark spots in that area. Hekitty has several that appeared as she got older. My personal favorite looks like a butterfly perched in her left ear.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Olfa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did clean it and even rubbed it. It didn't work 😔 It can't be dirt as it is extebded on a large area of his face. there are no bumps in there just dark skin. I'm so worried and can't figure out what it is. Could it be fungus or maybe a burn? It's on both sides of his face and ears.

Attachments

Olfa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They do look like a butterfly pattern.. did those spots develop on both ears or just one. And how old is your cat?
My cat is 3 years old and he has the dark patch/ sot on both sides of his face and ears.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She started developing them very young. Around 1-2 years old. They are, apparently, common, and not a problem. It is called "lentigo." There is no treatment. VERY VERY VERY rarely, one of them may develop issues. So long as they are smooth, not crusty or inflamed, they are just fine.

Olfa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the information. I will keep an eye on them! Poor baby! I hope he doesn't develop any issues

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Keep us updated with how he's doing. I think this is just "part of being a cat," but if there are further issues, LET US KNOW!